The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The A & P of Scripture

1. What is the purpose of the A & P?

2. Identify the A & P.

Let’s start with #2 first.

1. Identify the A & P.

No, F.L., this defunct Tea Company is NOT the subject of this thread!

1. We will explore Who the Archegos & Prodromos is.

2. The mission of the A. & P.

"He heals up the brokenhearted & heals up ALL their wounds."

The Archegos =

The chief Leader/ Prince.

One that takes the lead (affords an example).

Predecessor.

Pioneer.

The Author.

Prodromos =

One sent before.

A spy/ scout/ soldier.

Comes in advance to a place where the rest are to follow.

"He heals up the brokenhearted & heals up ALL their wounds."

The Unlimited Son Of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, preached to even the dead (the nekros). The results were spectacular with a capital S

“Cause My people to breathe again.”

1. The Spirit of the Lord poured out on parched (desert land). -Isa. 32.15-

2. Give them singleness of heart /a new spirit/ a heart of flesh. -Ezek. 11.19-

3. Put My Spirit in you / cause you to walk in My statutes (to carefully observe my ordinances). -Ezek. 37.27-

4. The nations around you shall know I have replanted what was destitute. -Ezek. 37.26-

5. I will pour out My Spirit on ALL PEOPLE. -Joel 2. 8-

“Come then the four winds, O breathe breath on these slain, so they may live.”

REALMS OF THE BETTER

“Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee.” (psalm 63:3)

The writer to the Hebrews offered many contrasts, as the lesser would give way to the better, the “in part” be swallowed up into the whole, the earthy be replaced with the heavenly, the natural with the spiritual, etc.

“For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope; by the which we draw nigh to God.” (Heb. 7:1). The hope of the New Testament, the new and FULL ARRANGEMENT is so much better, stronger, more powerful than the limited hope of the law, that 2 Cor. 3, gives the contrast of the law being a ministration of condemnation unto death, and the new covenant a ministration of righteousness excelling in glory unto LIFE.

“By so much more (the oath of Melchisedec priesthood) Jesus was made surety of a better testament.” (Heb. 7:22).

There was a priesthood for the first testament, covenant, which priesthood was constantly being changed as the priest grew old and died. Thus whatever real ministry was progressing through a certain priest, it suddenly came to a halt when he died, and had to be started over with the next priest raised up. But Jesus Christ became the surety, the guarantee of a BETTER, stronger, more powerful testament because HE EVER LIVETH, and would be able to both initiate and finish His task. Thus He is both the “Author and the Finisher” of our salvation. The “testament” could be no greater than the one who was able to carry it out.

“Now hath He (Jesus) obtained a more excellent ministry, by now much also He is mediator of a BETTER covenant, which was established upon BETTER promises.”

Better hope, better testament, better covenant, better promises – and there are many others listed in Hebrews. The promises are based upon what God will do, not man, hence their fulfillment is secure. In fact, God goes so far as to make the promise for both himself and the people, under this better covenant, when He says, “I WILL be to them a God, and THEY SHALL be to Me a people.” (Heb. 8:10). And so it shall be! -Ray Prinzing-

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Prince-Leader as the Archegos & Prodromos. He also is the Lord of Ephphatha.

Used only one time in Scripture, ephphatha is an Aramaic term signifying"to open."
“Be thou opened” -Mark 7.34

To receive the power of hearing, the ears of the deaf & the eyes of the blind considered as closed.

Jesus Christ is the Lord of Ephphatha!

Hebrews 2:9

But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death , so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone .

The Lord Jesus Christ has indeed tasted death for everyone. He is the Prince-Leader, pioneering a new dimension back into our Father. Two words describe Him in this glorious role. He is the Archegos & the Prodromos.

Archegos=

Archegos - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American Standard

Prodromos=

Strong’s Greek: 4274. πρόδρομος (prodromos) – a running forward, going in advance

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Archegos & Prodromos, has a stacked deck. He not only undoes the fall of Adam, He does it with flair!

In Hebr. 9.14 His blood is posus mallon. In Rom. 11.24 the wild & natural olive branches are in the same posus mallon dimension.

Yes, and this majestic Prince-Leader of Reconciliation not only undoes the despair of Adam, He does it posus mallon!

Mallon =

More.

To a greater degree by far.

Jesus Christ IS the Mallon Saviour of the all/ ta pante.