The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The final "Last Day" Judgment in Matthew 25:31-46.

Everyone

I can’t set back any longer and view the erroneous responses to these scriptures anymore. Whether you accept what has been established in the word of God or not is between you and the Lord. Remember the final “Last Day” judgment that UR’s deny happens in Rev 20:11-15?( UR’s must deny this or UR goes bye-bye)…well, Jesus is confirming it here in Matt 25:31-46… as did Daniel in Dan 12:1-2.

Matt 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (KJV)

Matt 25:41-46
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (KJV)

These passages clearly teach one final judgment of mankind and the separation of the righteous and the unrighteous that happens in Rev 20:11-15.

The righteous sheep receive the kingdom of God and eternal life.
The unrighteous goats receive everlasting punishment and the fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Daniel prophesies about the tribulation… rapture of the church, and the final judgment of mankind( Rev 20:11-15) in Daniel 12:1-2 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

The "Last Day"or “a Day” judgment is referring to the final judgment in Rev 20:11-15. Since there is but one final judgment all these passages speak of the same event: Also see Jude 6; Matt 12:36-37.

Acts 17:31
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. (KJV)

The judgment at the last day:

John 12:48
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (KJV)

In conclusion: Jesus was foretelling the final “last day” judgment of mankind that will happen in Rev 20:11-15. Again, there are serious consequences of making the bible say what you want it to say or make it say what it doesn’t say…Rev 22:18-19. :cry:

God bless,
Aaron

Why is this a new thread and not a reply to this thread?

Couldn’t stay away! Wow.

Tom

This is totally off topic I know (forgive my brief indiscretion A37?) but today after church, I was chatting with a dear friend who is as devout a Liberal Democrat as I know and the pastor walked up to say hi and I told the two of them I had just discovered definitive proof from scripture that Jesus, and by extension God, are clearly Republicans. She was mortified, my pastor kinda rolled his eyes (he knows me pretty well!) and says “show me”…

Right here in the story of the sheep and goats!
“And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.”

Sheep are clearly on the “right” and are thus saved! While the “left” is for those goats who obviously don’t measure up!!!

(OK sorry; maybe that should have been in the “humor” section!)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming…

TotalVictory
Bobx3

Hahaha hehehe. :smiley: Your refusal to accept what has been established in scripture by making a joke out of these passages does not change the truth presented in this post. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sonia

I don’t get it. Your reading in your own concepts of finality into passages on the judgment don’t change the truth of scripture at all, Aaron. You have proved nothing at all except that you can’t see past interpretations you’ve read into the text.

I don’t see why the judgment would have to be final at all, at least in one sense. Of course it’s final in the sense that God is absolutely right, but not in the sense that people will never change afterwards. That’s entirely unrealistic, and once it happens, surely God wouldn’t be too ignorant to recognize that. And he’d be unjust to allow their torture to continue once they do.

It is impossible for God to be unjust. I highly doubt you will stand before Jesus on final judgment day and call him unjust when he tells you UR was false, Justin. I believe you will say…D’oh… :wink:

Let me get this straight… the only thing he’ll quote when confronted with the Lord of creation is the expletive of an overweight, yellow cartoon character? :wink:

This adds to your dilema Jeff & Stellar… go check out firedup2000’s post in the general discussion of Universalism section under “Redemption from the lake of fire?” :wink:

yeah how are things with you firedup? :wink:

Sorry - I see English words but in no pattern known to make sense. :wink:

If he did, I’d ask the real Jesus to please stand up.

I don’t believe, nor could I believe, in such a false god as you do. As long as the god that’s presented to me is as low and mean as yours to keep people in constant torture with no revelation of truth to their minds, I will search for someone higher and better.

“Let me talk to your superior.”