The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Idol Of Self

Nope, I’m happier being humble and depending on God. I’m not exchanging the glory of God for created images again. That way lies ego. God’s my number one. :smiley: We were wonderfully made. Therefore, God gets the glory. God doeth the good works. In and of myself I’m nothing. The paradox is that the more glory I give to God the more glorious I become. The glory of the creature is humility.

St. Michael, I do agree that God does the work, but man does the work as well , for God works through the son (man). When we do the work of God, God and man both receive the glory together.

John 5:23 says this: “that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son des not honor the father who sent Him.” To me this means that we should honor those who follow God, including ourselves. If we do not honor those who follow God then we aren’t honoring the Father either. For when we follow God, we are one in Spirit with Him. There are many who give their lives in the service of God’s work, and I believe that we should honor them as well.

But since we all have need to worship - because we have the imprint of God within us - when we do not worship God, we worship creatures. And this is the passage from faith to idolatry - Pope Francis