The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The name Azazel in Leviticus 16:10?

“but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza’zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza’zel.”(Leviticus 16:10 RSV)

I have came to strongly suspect that Azazel is the fallen angel who will be somewhat like General Abner who brought the ten tribes over to King David or to Rav Shaul/Paul who repented of persecuting Christians and followers of God.

I suspect that when the fallen angel Azazel returns to the God of Abraham with his whole heart…when Yom Kippur is completely fulfilled…then a major step will have been taken toward the ushering in of a truly new era of worldwide peace where even the eating habits of wild animals like lions will be altered!

“And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?” (Matthew 12)

As some back up for my theory I will cite the near death experience of Cecil who was only eleven years old at the time of his brush with death.
https://www.near-death.com/experiences/children.html#a03

I asked, “What is hell?”

He said, “Turn and look again.”

I saw an old woman in a rocking chair determined to sit and rock and worry about children and grandchildren and everything else. Hell is therefore a lack of wisdom and not moving on, choosing not to go any further, sitting there and doing nothing. Hell is not a place.

I asked if there was a Devil or Satan.

He said to me, “Would God allow that?” He continued, “If I made you God for just a few seconds, what would you do first?”

I knew my first act would be to eliminate any Devil or Satan. I asked, “How do I know right from wrong?”

He replied, “Right is helping and being kind. Wrong is not only hurting someone but not helping when you can.”

We walked as I asked about the universe and reasons for everything. All of these things were shown to me. Then he wondered if I still wanted to return to the physical world.

“I do want to return.”