The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Purge: Election Year, Hypocrisy, and The Nature Of God

That’s some good advice. Thanks.

The common touch, per Podesta
malcolmpollack.com/2016/11/05/the-common-touch/

And some wise advice on voting, from renown marketer Seth Godin at How they talk you out of voting.

And for the technical folks out there. I use the Owly instead of the Google URL shortener - for Seth Godin. It’s because I shared him on Twitter and already shortened the URL. No sense in duplicating work.

I saw the Dr. Strange movie yesterday. It was excellent. And very well rated on IMDB. And check out the new season of AMC’s Walking Dead. It’s fairly close, to the comic book series. But only after starting today, with health and prosperity TV evangelist - Joel Osteen :exclamation: :laughing:

**[size=150]“The blue pill, or the red pill?” [/size]

The phrase was popularized by the 1999 film, The Matrix. In the movie, the main character, Neo, is offered the choice between a blue pill and a red pill, by Morpheus. The blue pill would allow him to remain in the fabricated reality of the Matrix, while the red pill would lead to his escape from the Matrix into the real world:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=RhlXqYiTz2Q

The metaphor has been used for the “born again” experience. (…Perhaps it could stretch to this blue/red election as well? :wink: )

Blessings.**

Here’s how to solve the election problem, where everyone is happy. Just take some of Granny’s spring tonic. And add whatever they sell, at the Colorado, recreational pot shops. :exclamation: :laughing:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=N9Z5Ti9OEH4

Not to be a party pooper, “Uncle Jed,” but as I remind readers in Christians And Alcohol:

“And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit.” Ephesians 5:18.

And as to drowning our sorrows over the election results tomorrow night, Daniel says,

Oh, come on now, Hermano. Are you taking me** seriously** :question: :laughing:

Mix white lightening…AKA moonshine…with recreational pot :question: :question: :question:

Any country could invade us easily :exclamation: :laughing:

We may well be on the brink of some huge changes in the USA and the world :exclamation: The sleeping giant has stirred. :smiley:

Well, let me comment on the Trump election. As you well know, I wasn’t a huge fan of either candidate. But let’s see what he can do.

After all, I am not effected that much. Why :question:

Because I have just jumped on the Medicare bandwagon this year. And I also went with the Humana Medicare advantage plan. And I’m an AARP member. They are the biggest lobbist group for seniors. And Social Security and Medicare are the sacred cows, they wish to protect. And I’m active on Social Media, so I can promote their agenda (i.e. approximately 34 K Twitter followers, for example)
I’m up to speed on Latin American languages and the popular European languages. So I don’t really need to reside in the US. Heck. If I ever needed to, I could join Snowden in Russia

And what’s more:

And I’m very familiar with alternative healing systems: especially TCM (i.e. Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Homeopathy.
And the medical systems in other places, can be just as good as the US options. But at a fraction, of the cost.

But, the people have spoken. Trump it is.

Take apart Obamacare?

It depends, really. On how well the pharmaceutical and insurance companies (and their Washington lobbies), like what’s in place now.

Have his own way?

**I doubt it. ** Why :question:

He needs to learn to play well with the lobbyist groups, Congress and the Supreme Court.

After all…

We do have a system of checks and balances in place.
And well funded groups - like the ACLU, are just waiting to initiate legal challenges
And he has to get along with the allies. Does he know that China - for example, owns much of the US debt?

And, speaking of allies. Look at the BBC article at Trump wins US election: How world leaders have reacted

So…

Let’s give him a chance. See what he can do.

And he might find, the job is much more demanding, then he originally envisioned.

And the 64 dollar question :question: **What will he do, for the common man ** :question:

Hopefully, this isn’t our new theme songs :laughing:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=FKss2pBYQ6Y

or

youtube.com/watch?v=EaXWy-HQefc

Maybe we would have been better off with Hillary? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am particularly glad to see Trump win since I am a member of a Russian Orthodox parish. I think there would have been a significant chance of a President Hillary Clinton getting the U. S. into a major war with Russia. Guess who in the United States would be seen as suspicious and disloyal and possibly in need of a nice relocation camp in order to keep the U. S. safe?

Do you speak Russian, Geoffrey? And have you visited the Russian Orthodox churches in Russia? It’s probably a key reason, to learn Russian. Other then, to read the classical Russian literature.

I doubt if there would have been, a major war with Russia. Same goes for China. They are both too big and powerful, and nuclear also - to play games with. I’m sure the feeling is mutual. :wink:

Wonders never cease :exclamation: Trump winning the presidency and the Cubs winning the world’s series. What’s next :question: :laughing:

How about dedicating a song (one featured on the AMC **Walking Dead **show) :question: :laughing:

Here are the words, so you can sing along:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k

No to both.

I’m honestly not too interested in Russia’s history or language. My major historical interest is the Byzantine Empire. Any foreign language study I might do is New Testament and Byzantine Greek. All the good theology is written in that language. :slight_smile:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/the-secret-society/images/3/38/EasyStreet_crazy_rabbit_cartoon.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160514235103

You got to sing the right song, qaz. Go back to my prior post, words and video. And sing along, with the Easy Street song :exclamation: :laughing:

Did you catch the clever rhyme :question: And sing along, with the Easy Street song :question: :laughing:

Here are the words and music again, so you (and everyone else) can sing along: :laughing:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k

The BBC had an interesting and excellent article today entitled What Trump means for tech :smiley:

I just thought about something, regarding the **Easy Street **song at youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k. The show it came from, was about the zombie apocalypse. And it was played constantly, by the bad guys - to torture a prisoner. And I’m trying to adopt it, as the Trump, victory rally song. :exclamation: :laughing:

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3a2e9f7b5ced7121d3eecf883fa04b1e-c?convert_to_webp=true

Since I mentioned social media previously. I do run a couple popular groups on LinkedIn, for copywritng and writing. Someone shared a post today entitled A look at the good, the bad and the (maybe ugly) perspective of a Trump presidency, by a blogger for the The Huffington Post.

And someone wrote this comment:

And here is my official reply:

And here is a follow up reply:

But everything I think of D.T., I start singing the **Easy Street **song at youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k. :laughing:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=jiZZ0IJL2_w

or

youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

Actually, Mr Trump has gone from what many have regarded as a renegade out of control mogul to a responsible open minded president elect. By all indicators, he will enact the policies that he talked about during his campaign, but will use discretion and wisdom.

Just the thing our country needs :exclamation: :smiley:

What that means is he’s listening to his advisers and putting on a public persona. So far, he had a nice public farewell speech - regarding Hillary And both Obama and Trump, put on a good public front - regarding peaceful transition. And I did mention that there are parts of Obamacare, that the pharmaceutical and insurance industries (along with their lobbies), wish to keep. Finally, I will be working actively on social media - in conjunction with the AARP lobby efforts. Just to insure that Social Security and Medicare, remain intact. :smiley:

Keep in mind that Donald is putting on a public persona. But he’s still, the man behind the curtain :laughing:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

But this is a step, in the right direction. :laughing:

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJnAEDQTV0

Just remember, fellow Christians :exclamation: No matter how bad things seem :exclamation: Never give up that ship :exclamation: :laughing:

and

youtube.com/watch?v=yKkazr8M-n4

Here is what is probably the unfortunate truth:
"My thesis is that the differences exemplified above run so deep as to be irreconcilable. No amount of conversation, however well-intentioned and amicably conducted, could possibly lead to agreement on fundamentals.
What then is to be done?
I suggest that what we need - to mitigate tribal hostility - is not more proximity and interaction, pace Haidt, but less, fewer ‘conversations’ not more, a government restricted to essential functions, more toleration, voluntary segregation, a return to federalism, a total stoppage of illegal immigration, and a reform of current immigration law to favor people who share our values. (Sharia-supporting Muslims are an example of a group that does not share our values.)

Do you have a better idea? "

from maverickphilosopher.typepad.com/ … ement.html - worth reading!

Of course. The New York times writer the author quotes, has a high idea of both candidates :laughing:

Let me quote a bit:

First regarding Donald:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9kNeDyCUAAH3PT.jpg

Next regarding Hillary:

Looks like - in terms of choices - we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. :laughing: