I have some questions about Evangelical Christianity in order to gain some more understanding
- Is Evangelical Christianity a single or uniform movement?
- Is the distinction between Evangelical and Mainline Protestant actually feasible?
- Are there any particular binding doctrines or practices that tie all evangelicals together but differentiates them from other Christians?
- What is the connection to Evangelical Christianity and Fundamentalism, or are they even related?
- What role do personal intuition, Metaphysics, experience and Church history have in relation to the authority of the Scriptures?
- Are Baptists considered Evangelical? Considering this is a very broad set of denominations.
- How do the doctrines of Universal Salvation, Christus Victor, Panentheism, existential hunger* and Natural Law square in Evangelical circles
*This is the argument from desire formulated from C.S. Lewis, in seeing the human longing for union with God.