The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Universalist Web Sites

Sass… that’s one of my favorite sites too… imagine that!!! Especially the one titled “Heavenly Dogs.” :slight_smile:

Yeah, that site is awesome! :slight_smile: I’m not familiar with Heavenly Dogs. Is it an article from Gary or is it on a site on the resource page?

Sass… I believe (if I’m not mistaken) it’s an actual article from Gary and about his doubts in God, his ministry, even his existance… great story! For me, it’s like he crawled inside my head and took the words right out of MY brain!

Bret, you might be thinking of Heavenly Dog by Charles Slagle. :slight_smile:

When I first read it I was so deeply moved by it and related to it so much that I sent Charles an e-mail and thanked him for sharing it and introduced myself… eventually we started e-mailing back and forth, and now we talk regularly on the phone, and have become good friends. :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s the same article you’re thinking of, but here’s a link to it:

sigler.org/slagle/newpage3.htm

Blessings to you :slight_smile:

Edward… THAT IS IT, THAT IS IT!!! That article moved and touched me so very much too, to the point of tears. Sorry Sass, I didn’t intentionally mean to lead you astray and Edward, thank you for helping me out… I’m telling y’all, I’m just not with it these days. :confused:

Blessings,
Bret

You’re welcome, Bret :slight_smile:

I’ll let Charles know that you read his article. :slight_smile: If you’d like, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind connecting with you as well. :slight_smile:

He’s a pretty cool guy, and likes making new friends. :slight_smile:

Blessings to you as well :slight_smile:

Matt

Matt,

Sorry about calling you “Edward,” I didn’t know your name and I think it only polite and common courtesy to use someones name when addressing them. An old sales tactic and what my parents taught me growing up. Guess it was my common courtesy gone amuck! :frowning: But, to your point, YES, I loved his article and like I said, it was like he literally crawled into my brain and took the words right out of it. I wept as I had never heard anyone write like my brain worked. It was amazing. I would really enjoy “meeting” him… I think I would feel “a little less than” though. I’m NO theologian by any stretch of the imagination and I do have problems with Alzheimers now, so sometimes I’m NOT very coherent. Just like today, I have written several posts and sadly, I don’t remember writing them. I go back and read them and think, " what?’ I said that?? :confused: :blush: :cry: So I can’t promise anything as I never know from day to day what it will be like for me. But thank you ever so much for the offer, that in and of itself made my day along with a few private emails and messages I have received of encouragement. Thanks Matt and God bless you…
Bret

Bret and Matt: I’ll check it out, thanks. I am familiar with Charles’ writings, though it’s been a while. That’s one thing that is SO cool about UR, everyone who is anyone is so accessible! Most of the well known people in UR circles are just everyday people, not big shots with entourages that no one can get close to. These guys WILL e-mail you, WILL give you their phone number and consider themselves just normal people. It’s awesome and to me, it’s just another reason to believe in UR.

Sass

Actually the General Lutheran Church holds to UR as its core doctrine.