The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Were the angels lying?

"The angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

Fear not= phobeō mē

Glad tidings = euaggelizō

Great = megas

Joy = chara

Shall be = esomai

To all people = pas laos

The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master.

Questions

1. Were the angels lying?

2. Is the mega joy announced truly for all people?

3. What does all mean?

Fear not =

Be not afraid.

Be not seized with alarm.

Be not struck with amazement.

Glad tidings=

God’s kindness

Great=

Numerous/ large/ spacious/ abundant.

Intensity & degrees of great effort.

Highly esteemed by its excellence.

Exceedingly great>>>>

Splendid: Prepared on a grand scale

Joy=

Cause/ occasion of joy.

Cheerfulness/ calm delight.

Exceeding fulness.

Shall be=

Shall come to pass.

To all people=

The radical all of pas.

Linked with ta panta/ the all.

Hi Fine…
I’m doing this for casual observers and don’t want to get into a pissing match with you.

Yes all is Joy in what Jesus did. The Father through His son reconciled all of humanity. But a bunch of humanity who claim to believe in Jesus does not agree with that. They think that hoops have to be leaped through and confessions of faith need to be given. Many think you need to do certain things to obtain the grace God has given freely through his son Christ. These are what we today call doctrinal differences. Sad, because the Christ not only was the savior of the first century Jewish/Christians facing destruction, but the Christ intervention opened the door to all of humanity to be at one with the Hebrew God.

So as to the post, YES Joy To The World for the SAVIOR CAME.

2 Likes

My friend your observation is dead on! Hoops are great for training animals but result in limited horizons for would be followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Saviour has come and He will helko the entire dimensions of heaven, earth and underworld back to Father, every last digit!

I did not understand helko so I went searching and found…

“Vines notes that helko usually signifies an act of relative gentleness, as opposed to suro which means “drag.” [ Expository Dictionary , “Drag”]. This distinction may be important when the word is used to describe the divine drawing of men to Christ (John 6:44; 12:32). Both the Song of Solomon 1:4 and Jeremiah 31:3 use this term to describe the inner compulsion or drawing of love. Thus the crucified Saviour draws the attention of all and the faith of some.” [ The Complete Biblical Library Greek - English Dictionary ].

I kind of like it.:+1:

1 Like