The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Why Paul Ran

Hey Everyone.

I just finished writing a series of posts and the first one is up at my blog. They’re a little different (for me) and I’m feeling a bit unsure of myself. I would be grateful for your comments and discussion, and if you can point out any errors in my line of thought and exegesis, that would be great.

They’ll go up at a rate of about every couple of days, and the first one is here: journeyintotheson.com/2012/02/why-paul-ran/.Thanks so much to anyone who can make the time to help me out!

Blessings, Cindy

Oh yes . . . please feel free to discuss any reactions pro or con right at my blog. I don’t mind people who disagree with me (or even point out embarrassing oversights) right there. It makes it easier (to me) to have the content readily available when I’m discussing.

This is a timely issue for me. I have five sons - ages 8,9,10,11& 12.

I’m trying to teach them that Excellence - that desire to do anything REALLY WELL, is a call to Godliness.

Paul tells us to do everything as unto the LORD. Competitiveness is innate in us, and while it can distract us with being “better than”, it’s Godly purpose is to teach us to be “best that” we can be

I tell my boys - always do your best, because only then does your best get better. It’s never a path to joy or contentment to do less than our duty, less than we are called to do.

So run I think we “run the race” to get the prize of our very selves - the selves God intended us to be - the selves which “The Hound Of Heaven” will never settle for less than.

Wow! You do have your work cut out for you, Bro! You’d fit right in with our group. :wink: Only they’re probably younger (unless you started very young). Our smallest family has only three kids, and the rest are still, um, producing. :laughing: (All mine are grown and gone, but I’m the old lady except when I bring my mom!)

And that is an excellent point, which I hadn’t thought of. Thanks!

Good blog Cindy. I have subscribed and posted a comment which is awaiting moderation.

Thanks, Andrew! I’ll look forward to your input. :slight_smile: