The Evangelical Universalist Forum

All ECT's please participate and answer honestly

Jason

That is not the point whether or not you believe God fails to bring one of them to salvation… You said God himself is evangelizing people who are in Hell right now. That is what you said not anyone else therefore making it your theory.

Are you now backing off this erroneous belief? (which would be wise) If not, then why has not one soul accepted God’s invitation to get out of Hell? If one soul has accepted God’s evangelistic efforts then where is the evidence in scripture? Answer: The people who go to Hades/Hell have no chance to get out.(Luke 16:26) therefore God is not evangelizing anyone in Hell/Hades, and no one ever leaves, Jason. :open_mouth:

Jesus got out of Hades, and all the spirits he preached to.

Yeah, actually that is quite totally the point. Otherwise you wouldn’t keep trying to pretend I believe this, and would go after what I do believe instead.

That part is my theory. The part where I supposedly believe God fails to bring one of them to salvation is not my theory, but is something you added.

Are you now stopping claiming my theory and belief is that God fails to bring one of them to salvation?

I am not backing off what I actually do believe, instead of what I don’t believe, which is that God evangelizes people who are in hell right now. I don’t have to back off what I never believed which is that God fails to bring one of them to salvation.

As I said in the other thread, even I think the scriptural evidence on that is scanty. But I do at least discuss it in that other thread, whereas you have constantly avoided talking about that scriptural evidence in the other thread. :astonished: (Or, not exactly a :astonished: .)

I see (when I went to the active topics list to get the thread address) that you’ve added a reply in the past couple of minutes since I dropped in my most recent one, so perhaps you have finally decided to start talking about that scriptural evidence now. But I have my doubts.

FWIW, I’d say 1 Timothy 2:3-6 and 4:10.

Good verses, Jaxxen.

My most challenging verses (for UR) would be

Not that they can’t be answered satisfactorily (for me), but they are challenging. I did a blog post about this passage just because I find it the most difficult (that I know of).

Thanks for being honest and open, Brother. :slight_smile:

Blessings, Cindy

Considering this is kind-of a joke page, I appreciate you volunteering those. It shows all the difference in the world between you and A37. (I mean aside from you being Calv and he being an ex-Calv Arminian. :slight_smile: )

Over on Aaron’s original challenge page, I volunteered the parables of the scattered seed, and the wheat and the weeds. But I’d have difficulties with those whichever soteriology I went with. (One looks very Calv, one looks weirdly anti-Arm and anti-Calv but not immediately Kath either, and neither one has anything to do with God saving sinners per se, from sin or from anything else, much moreso through Christ. But, hey: parables. :wink: )

Yes - I’m afraid this thread should really be put to bed. As Jason says it was started as a parody of Revival’s thread over in the discussion negative forum - knowing full well that he would never seriously engage with it in the way he expected believers in UR to do in his thread.