Eye for an Eye

We only see what we want to see; we only hear what we want to hear. Our belief system is just like a mirror that only shows us what we believe. Don Miguel Ruiz

What does, “people see what they want to see” mean?

And from the Wiki article:

that focuses on ancient teachings as a means to achieve spiritual enlightenment

There’s nothing wrong with becoming enlightened and also being saved (however we see that Christian process unfolding). For me, it’s best expressed in Theosis.

Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s a cha-cha. – Robert Brault

You have made clear what you understand. I was more interested in delineating the apostles’ understanding, which appears to be that Jesus is Lord, and that confessing this is important.

I know this guy was covered before, in another forum thread. But this comes today, in the Patheos Evangelical newsletter. While LLC likes the Old Testament…and its “continuation”, in the life of Jesus…This guy takes the opposite approach.

What’s more relevant for me, is this article. That brings Native American Catholics, in a mass.

I hope the Church of the East (Eastern Orthodox) meets the Church of the West (Roman Catholic)…along with the Eagle (Red Road, Native American spirituality) meets the Condor (Native American, Amazon Road spirituality).

Davo, The right hand of God is the power and authority of the Holy Spirit. No, Jesus was not the only at the His right hand.
Deut. 33:2-3 “The Lord came from Sinai, and dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, and He came with ten thousands of saints; from his right hand came a fiery law for them. Yes , He loves the people; all His saints are in Your hand.”

Isaiah 63:11-12 “Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in them, who led them by the right hand of Moses with His glorious arm, dividing the water before them to make for Himself an everlasting name.”
Read the Old Testament.

Bob, The rulers of Israel at that time were claiming to be the sons of Abraham, sons of God, and heirs to the throne. But, they were not. Sons of Abraham are those who follow the Spirit of God and obey His voice just as the father Abraham did. As Genesis 18: 19 says “For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice.”

LLC, you can cite and tout the old covenant writings all you want, but everyone remains flabbergasted that you appear to think this justifies you in just ignoring the reality that the N.T. apostles regularly assert their belief that it’s crucial to recognize that Jesus is LORD. You appear non-responsive to what is an observation of a plain reality that exegetes across the whole theological spectrum recognize.

This article from today’s Patheos, Evangelical newsletter - might be of interest here.

Yet another perfect example LLC of the weakness of your position… to back-up your doubtful claim that Christ alone is not seated at… “the right hand of God” — a euphemism for divine authority you cite two texts mentioning Israel being… “in His hand” — a euphemism for favoured protection (Jn 10:28-29). And the other being led by the delegated hand of Moses under the auspices of His righteous arm, i.e., His power. NEITHER example places ANYONE at the right hand of God; a position Christ finally came to through his obedience, being appointed both Lord and Christ.

That YOU can see your proposition in those text BUT NOT see other EXTREMELY PLAIN TEXTS to the contrary demonstrates one thing alone… you will not see what you don’t want to believe — sorry for being too blunt.

Davo, we all know that God does not have physical hands. God’s right hand denotes the power, authority and strength of the Spirit. Did Moses have power over the enemy, setting captives free by his own hand or by the power and authority of the Holy Spirit? David was also granted to sit at the right hand of God, and so are we. As Romans says, if we are Abraham’s children, then we are co-heirs with Christ, and all that is God’s is ours as well. Rev. 3:21 “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne.”

Hum! Well, what do you know? The non-denominational site Got Questions, has some input - on God’s right hand.

Given you are at God’s right hand right now, how does all “the power, authority and strength of the Spirit” work through you… like what does that look like?

Davo, Gal. 5:13 " serve one another humbly in love."

Using your God given talents you " offer your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and pleasing to God. This is true and proper worship." ( Romans12:1)

“Fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart.”

Love God, walk according to is ways, follow His commands and serve Him with all your heart, mind and soul.

Produce the fruit of the Spirit.

As Luke 6:40 says "A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
How can one servant of God be exalted above another servant of God?