The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How God Became King

Dang, there goes the thread.

That’s the depth of zombies… mindless. :no_mouth:

Undeterred - and with the toothache gone! - another tidbit comes to our attention:

This is an excellent book!! Everyone here would enjoy and benefit from it.

Snippet 4:

Perhaps the final tidbit before I move on.
Wright goes a LONG way toward preterism by his reading of the gospels. Maybe not all the way, but he’s definitely a fellow-traveler with that view of eschatology.

Davo, MM et al - isn’t the underlined portion of this exactly what you have been saying all along?

@davo

Well, I for one - give N.T. Wright’s work my endorsement…Even though I haven’t read that particular work. But the Amazon reviewers I referenced earlier - gave it a collective, positive rating and reviews.

I look at Israel and the Old Testament, as preparing the way for Christ. But God communicated to Israel - via prophets. But EVEN Islamic scholars, recognize that God would communicate outside Israel - via other prophets. See Wiki - Prophets and messengers in Islam:

The Qur’an mentions 25 prophets by name but also tells that God (Allah) sent many other prophets and messengers, to all the different nations that have existed on Earth. Many verses in the Qur’an discuss this:

“We did aforetime send messengers before thee: of them there are some whose story We have related to thee, and some whose story We have not related to thee…”[106]
“For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, …”[107]

In other words, I don’t believe Israel - had a monopoly on prophets. And for that matter, I don’t give credence to Islam. But their commentary on other prophets outside Israel - is interesting. And it gives credence, to what the Christian, Red Road ministry is saying.

Therefore, if God knew our people would live in the North American continent and He knew we would not receive the written Word (Bible) until after 1492 AD, is it reasonable to think He would’ve neglected to reveal Himself to our people for thousands of years? Of course not! Romans 1:19-20 states, “since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”

So, if God knew He would place our people on this continent AND He planned on revealing Himself to us, then we must also agree with Peter when he said “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right” (Acts 10:34-35, NIV). This is confirmed again when John said “after this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb” (Revelation 7:9, NIV).

And even Hinduism talks about the one God - via prophets. Before people make gods, out of the Vedas and Vedanta. See Wiki - Prophet:

The Hindu concept of rishis is similar to the concept of prophets. The Sanskrit word rishi is loosely translated into English as “seer” (a prophet, a man who can foresee the future). Hinduism recognizes and reveres thousands of rishis, who can be thought of as the collective founders of the Hindu religion over many millennia. Of these, special importance is given to the Saptarshi (the Seven Sages), widely regarded as patriarchs of the Hindu religion, whose listing is different according to different texts. The Saptarshi and their clans are believed to have composed the hymns of the four Vedas by entering into communion with the Supreme Cosmic Spirit through meditation. For instance, Rigveda 1.1 is attributed to Rishi Madhucchandā Vaishwāmitra (i.e. Madhucchandā of the clan of Vishwamitra). Most rishikās were male, but some were female too. Lopamudra is the author of one hymn in the Rigveda, and Gargi Vachaknavi is described in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad as a highly respected woman in the field of Brahmajñāna. Apart from the Vedas, various rishis are also credited with composing the several Smriti texts, like Veda Vyasa who composed the Mahābhārata

God honors all prophets before Christ. As long as the prophet, doesn’t try to make a profit - of his prophesy. :slight_smile:

As Jesus Christ Superstar reflects:

If you’d come today you could have reached a whole nation.
Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication.

That’s a justifiable perspective, I think.
Thanks.

Yes, Dave. I have updated the post, to give the Islamic, Hindu and Native American perspective - on prophets.

Yep that’s pretty much it IMO… Israel was God’s means to God’s endsthe blessing of humanity;
to the Jew first and then the Gentile etc, or as I’ve put it elsewhere…

Out of the world God chose Israel
---- Out of Israel God chose the Remnant
-------- Out of the Remnant God chose the Messiah
-------- In the Messiah God chose the Remnant
---- In the Remnant God chose Israel
In Israel God chose the world

:clap::clap:

The completion part is what I think is important.

I am not going to follow that shiny object, MM.:slight_smile:

I don’t mind following any shiny objects. As long as the zombies…from the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse - can tag along. :smile:

The problem randy is you can’t deal with the shiny objects without the zombies.

When we throw out historical creeds… and what folks accept, as a collective theological consensus …of a statistical, bell-shaped curve…Then ANYTHING is theologically and philosophically plausible. Which means that folks having prophetic visions, of the tribulation and the Zombie Apocalypse…are EQUALLY AS PLAUSABLE - as anything presented on this forum.

What remains to be seen…is whether folks are seeing a future event?..Or if everything was complete in 70 A.D…but the world doesn’t yet know it…then are folks seeing the zombie prophesy, from the past? And there was a conspiracy, to cover this up?

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING… “theologically and philosophically plausible— let alone biblically evidenced — of YOUR imagined zombies apocalypse, IMO. In all your posts such zombies have as much credence as the CARTOONS and gifs portraying them.

When more than one person…NOT related to each other…is presenting videos of the Zombie Apocalypse and the tribulation…and they are ALL Christian…then WHAT explanation, do you give for this? And also, what explanation do you give…for theologians and churches…NOT seeing everything as complete in 70 A.D.? Do we say that PROPHESY, is NO longer happening? And that the gifts of the spirit, are DEAD in the water?

In fact, if one types the keywords “zombie apocalypse tribulation youtube” into Google…You can see that more than one person…NOT related to each other…is presenting videos of the Zombie Apocalypse and the tribulation…and they are ALL Christian.

Clearly, as I suggest… imagination. I may have missed it, but as yet I haven’t seen any biblical texts presented by yourself giving credence to your position; I think in jest I’ve done more of that than you.

There’s little use in trying to piggy-back and attach your zombies to the AD70 reality… were you even cognisant of such until you started reading of it here?

I guess those questions have as much to do with this as do your zombies, i.e., nothing. I used to think your zany zombies were just an expressive part of your ‘holy fool’ regalia and so on occasion chuckled accordingly… now I see them as ‘wholly foolish’ and just YAWN material. :unamused:

The REAL question, is the gift of prophesy still relevant - in this day and age? And are the gifts of the spirit, still prevalent - in this day and age? Otherwise, we have to throw out all the Marian prophecies, of the Roman Catholic Church. And all prophesies rendered, in the Charismatic churches. And if more than one person, is prophesying something - what should we make of it? I’m NOT the one seeing zombies, mind you. I’m just jumping on the bandwagon…as the most probable, end-times tribulation model. Besides, if I am right…then I am performing, a great service for humanity. :slight_smile: