The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

We now interrupt this important dialogue, to play some appropriate music - the Warpath

And be sure to contemplate the Zombie Apocalypse…as the theory indicating the most probable, end-times tribulation scenario

As a Brit/Canadian, I have been following US politics quite closely, admittedly mostly via Fox News which seems to be much more balanced than, for example, CNN. I doubt if any other outlet of so-called entertainment (TV, Hollywood) could match the plot and the drama, or the actors (aka talking heads), all based on lies, subterfuge, backstabbing and worse. I find myself riveted to my favourite chair as I watch this drama playing out. I don’t know how America survives what I perceive to be standard political fare, repeated every two years.

I am not suggesting that a constitutional monarchy works better, nor any other political system that attempts to rule without any dependence on God and His laws. Happily, the future will be infinitely better for all of mankind when “every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord”.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

2 Likes

John McCain has planned his funeral. He requested that Barack Obama and George W. Bush give eulogies, but did not wish Donald Trump to be present. All three complied with his wishes.

Paidon
John McCain has planned his funeral. He requested that Barack Obama and George W. Bush give eulogies, but did not wish Donald Trump to be present. All three complied with his wishes.

And your point is?

Certainly there was no love lost between McCain and Trump. McCain proudly confirmed his role in the Democrats’ Russian dossier.

And from McCain aide took the Fifth Amendment on role in Steele dossier”—

More threads are unraveling in what may be the biggest political scandal in history: the use of intelligence agencies to spy on a rival-party presidential campaign and then unseat a duly elected president. The blowback from the Steele dossier, the multi-million-dollar operation of the Hillary campaign and the DNC, may reach all the way to Trump-haters in the GOP.

The Steele dossier scandal’s tentacles are reaching all the way to Trumpophobic John McCain, via a close associate of his. The longtime aide to Senator McCain who flew to England to get a copy of the Steele dossier and speed it along to the FBI in 2016 has clammed up and asserted his right to avoid self-incrimination.

John McCain was a great man!

EIGHT QUOTES FROM JOHN MCCAIN:

On character:

“It is your character, and your character alone, that will make your life happy or unhappy. That is all that really passes for destiny. And you choose it. No one else can give it to you or deny it to you. No rival can steal it from you. And no friend can give it to you. Others can encourage you to make the right choices or discourage you. But you choose.” (From his book Character Is Destiny, 2005)

On long-term thinking:

“‘Steady strain, buddy, steady strain,’ we cautioned each other whenever we began to take a short view of our lives. It was best to take the long view.” (From his memoir, 1999)

On beliefs:

“I don’t mind a good fight. For reasons known only to God, I’ve had quite a few tough ones in my life. But I learned an important lesson along the way: In the end, it matters less that you can fight. What you fight for is the real test.” (From his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, 2008)

On glory:

“I have learned the truth: There are greater pursuits than self-seeking. Glory is not a conceit. It is not a decoration for valor. It is not a prize for being the most clever, the strongest or the boldest. Glory belongs to the act of being constant to something greater than yourself, to a cause, to your principles, to the people on whom you rely and who rely on you in return. No misfortune, no injury, no humiliation can destroy it.” (From his memoir, 1999)

On ideals:

“We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent. We wouldn’t deserve to.” (From his speech at the annual Liberty Medal ceremony in Philadelphia, 2017)

On love and honor:

“‘All that’s beautiful drifts away / Like the waters,’ lament Yeats’s old men. Except, I discovered, love and honor. If you valued them and held them strongly, love and honor would endure undiminished by the passing of time and the most determined assault on your dignity.” (From his memoir, 1999)

On enduring principles:

“Many good people have suffered for their principles. Some have died for them. But however cruel their end, they were surely comforted by the knowledge that they had made the right choice and they had had the character to live a good life. Whether anyone knew how great their courage had been would not matter as much to them as the knowledge that they had chosen well, that their cause had been just and their character worthy of its demands. They did not submit to an inevitable destiny. They believed their values were the power that directs our lives and lights the world in which we burn our little candle, before our work is done and we take our rest.” (From his book Character Is Destiny, 2005)

On his own leadership:

“I’ve had the good fortune to spend 60 years in service to this wondrous land. It has not been perfect service, to be sure, and there were probably times when the country might have benefited from a little less of my help. But I’ve tried to deserve the privilege as best I can, and I’ve been repaid a thousand times over with adventures, with good company and with the satisfaction of serving something more important than myself – of being a bit player in the extraordinary story of America. And I am so very grateful.” (From his speech at the annual Liberty Medal ceremony in Philadelphia, 2017)

Why was John McCain so adamant about blocking the release of classified POW/MIA documents? Here are a few excerpts that focus on McCain—

—taken from this full documentary,

“Missing, Presumed Dead The Search for America’s POWs”:

Republicans are heartless brutal oafs with no families of their own, so no empathy at all toward the human race. Bastards!!!

Paidion

3d

John McCain was a great man!

When he ran against Obama the media didn’t treat him like a great man but when it fits their agenda the media treats him like a great man. He was a war hero just like thousands of other soldiers heroic soldiers who die in anonymity.

This dossier appears to be a fabrication and McCain passed it along willingly to the Feds. Not clear what he really knew or not but he hated Trump and was used to smear Trump.

1 Like

We have the best system of government in the USA but the problem is that the human heart is indeed wicked. It craves power and creates rationalizations to justify acting on it’s lusts so we indeed need Jesus. Without a doubt without Divine intervention we will destroy ourselves.

1 Like

I think it’s just printing money with nothing to back it up. The Weimar Republic tried it as did many other countries.

Wrong! What backs it up are the goods and services available. Social Credit money theory balances the amount of money in a country with the goods and services available. When that is not done, then depressions take place when there is not enough money for people to buy the needed goods and services. Conversely, inflations occur when there is too much money in the country.

During the depression in the 1930s, the application of social credit in Alberta, brought the province out of the depression.

In or present system of social debt rather than social credit in Canada and United States, money comes into existence as a debt. That’s why it is IMPOSSIBLE to pay off the National Debt. If every cent of money in the country were applied to the National Debt, there would be NO MONEY AT ALL for the citizens to purchase goods or services, and the country WOULD STILL BE DEEPLY IN DEBT!

Well, I found evidence that my theory…that the Zombie Apocalypse…is the most probable, end-times tribulation scenario - is coming true.

I subscribe to the Dark Web News - FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

And this recent story, shocked even me.

After they review the movie, the cover REAL dark web activities. Let me quote a bit:

Cannibal Sites

The dark web is reportedly filled with websites that uphold cannibalism and its associated tendencies.

This vice is reflected through cannibal chatrooms and guides appertaining to the shocking practice of consuming human flesh.

Expectedly, these sites vary in both complexity and subject matter.

Some sites can be considered simple owing to the fact that they support discussions of amateur cannibalism.

Others are quite bizarre and can be outrageous enough to host persons who volunteer to be eaten.

In some sites, cannibals organize online meetups with the intention of eating each other. It is said that most people offering to be eaten tend do so in exchange of monetary benefits.

Paidion,
So in layman terms, are you referring to the government simply printing money without the creation of debt?

Wow, HollyTree. That is super cool for me. Being a senior citizen and a card carrying AARP member. He has my seal of approval, for that endeavor.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”-- Alice Walker

Let’s end with some words of inspiration, from Larry the cable guy.

It is super cool and it completely contradicts the Social Darwinism of Evangelical Universalists.

In the passage where the New Testament says that everyone must work, it gives a reason ‘in order that he may have something to give to those in need’. Charity - giving to the poor - is an essential part of Christian morality: in the frightening parable of the sheep and the goats it seems to be a point on which everything turns. Some people nowadays say that charity ought to be unnecessary and that instead of giving to the poor we ought to be producing a society in which there is no poor to give to. They may be quite right in saying that we ought to produce this kind of society. But if anyone thinks that, as a consequence, you can stop giving in the meantime, then he has parted company with all Christian morality. ~~ C.S. Lewis

1 Like

Steve, it’s not a matter of “printing” money. It’s a matter of creation of money—with or without the printing of physical money.

Right now, under our present debt system, money comes into existence without “printing” it. If you go to a chartered bank and borrow $50,000, they don’t have $50,000 in existence to lend you. They are not permitted to lend the depositors’ money. What they do is simply place the number $50,000 into your bank account and presto! The money comes into existence out of nowhere. When you repay the money, it goes out of existence again.

Social Credit would create the money (make it available) to match in quantity, the goods and services available. Ordinary people SUPPOSE that this is the case right now. But it isn’t! Rather money comes into existence when people or organizations borrow it from the banks.

Because the money, under the present debt system, does not match the goods and services available, there are depressions and inflation—depression when there isn’t enough money to match the goods and services available, and inflation when there is too much. If the money that exists were to balance the goods and services, there would be no more depressions and inflation.