The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Not that zombies are bad - or, as my dad use to say, in a very soft voice: :laughing:

Obviously, dad shoulda quit when he was ahead. Get it? :laughing: :laughing:

And for me, itā€™s not about Sweden completely - itā€™s about what there is to LEARN from Sweden and other Euro countries with very lax immigration policies. They are paying a huge price; do we (USA) really want to ignore what there is to be gleaned from their experience? I hope not.

Well Uncle Bernie is making quite a splash - Medicare for Everyone!! Free!! Progressive!! Free!
Really?

frontpagemag.com/point/26790 ā€¦ greenfield

Oh, no. More right and left wing stuff. The zombie apocalypse, must be closer - than I think. :laughing:

I would tweak Bernieā€™s offering, and say Medicare Advantage plans for all. Where the insurance companies manage it and offer different plans. But Medicare is the chief provider.

Everyone bulks at a universal health care plan - in the US. Until they get into a complicated medical problem - that drains all their financial resources.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve shared on Twitter today, from renown marketer Seth Godin:

Selling confusion

Oh, no :exclamation: The Zombies are starting to come. :exclamation: :laughing:

HF - it was not a righty-lefty thing at all, dude. Just because Shamans would not be recompensed for all their healing services is no reason for yaā€™ll to get so uppity. :laughing: :laughing:

qaz - I did not say it was right or wrong, ok? If there are flaws in it, it would be good to know before we get sold a bill of goods. You can bet that olā€™ Bern and the rest of the elites will not be under the same plan, any more than senators and such are under Obamacare. Bernie and Barack would under no circumstances want the same plan as the little people.

But enough - the link is up there for people to read; of course we are going to disagree, itā€™s built into us from our ape progenitors. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: This is what really fascinates me about this subject. It seems that we can not deal with multiple options.

Some folks have the money (or job situation) that they can afford the best. Donā€™t like what your doc says, head for the Mayo clinic and get a second opinion.

Some folks have limited insurance, like a catastrophic policy where much of the day to day healthcare comes out of their own pocket.

Others have no insurance, and for whatever reason (pre existing condition, lack of resources or education etc) end up in a government system or just going to the ER and ignoring the bills.

So the article goes on to say:

Iā€™m really not up to speed on the republican failure to repeal and replace, but it seems to me that we have to deal with group 3 (above) as group 1 has it covered and group 2, are realistic and for the most part responsible enough to pay for what healthcare they receive. As of today we seem to have a bill that may be repealing obomacare.

But the question is who is going to pay for the poor folks that walk into the urgent care clinics and emergency rooms with absolutely no way to pay for the care? It is obvious that the health care system does not want to absorb them into their cost of doing business. :open_mouth:

What do you all think? :astonished:

Actually, Forbes is on board, with my Medicare Advantage plan for all. See:

Insurers Could Meet Sanders Halfway On Single-Payer Proposal With Medicare Advantage For All

It would be the best hybrid, of the US government and private insurance companies.

Now I might become, a Nerd bounty hunter. See:

Zerodium Offers $1M for Tor Browser Zero-Day Exploits

But for some ā€œstrangeā€ reason, my Zombie friends - say they never have, to see a doctor or hospital :exclamation: :laughing:

Warning: this is not a righty-lefty article!

But it is intelligent, focused, realistic - in other words, not PC

crisismagazine.com/2017/submission

It getā€™s my stamp of approval - to read. Since it says

I canā€™t see how reading the article, can lead to the zombie apocalypse :laughing:

So all of you who peruse this forum, being this is a ā€˜Christian Universalist Forumā€™
how would you deal with Islamic people coming into your neighborhoods? Would there be questioning? Acceptance? Willingness to offer a hand of fellowship?

Just wondering :smiley:

Good questions, Chad!
If I had had more than 2 hrs sleep last night Iā€™d try to answer this one. Maybe tomorrow.

Please do, it will start a fire storm but the conversation needs to be addressed! :wink:

Islam is pretty much a closed society. I can go to a church and usually feel welcome. But if I go to a Mosque, I wonā€™t get in. Because Iā€™m not a Muslim.
Unless they have an open house. And tell you, what you want to hear.

Having said that, my homeopath is agnostic. But heā€™s married, to a Muslim wife. And they have Muslim children. And I get along with them. But I was introduced - via my homeopath.

However, the mystical branch of Islam - Sufism - is a different world entirely. Iā€™m very open to Sufism.

HFPZ said:

So what does that mean? :confused:

Iā€™d have no problems whatever with Islamic people coming into my neighborhood (as long as they werenā€™t terrorists). Nor would I have any problems with Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus, Confucians, or people of any other religion coming in. Is there any reason why I should not accept them as people without accepting their religion?

Don - the well-written article I posted earlier today explained some of the concerns I would have. Also you are aware of the many large tracts of major cities in Europe where it is not safe for a non-Muslim to walk alone, where police are afraid to enter, where rape of non-Mulim women is rampant - this is really actually happening as a Fact.
This does not mean that every Muslim is complicit in this type of behavior - of course not. But not every Muslim will stand and decry the behavior or actively resist it either. It is the religion that is the heart of the problem.

Yes indeed Donā€¦ if whoever oneā€™s neighbour is keeps the law of the land, as we all should, itā€™s no oneā€™s business whatever their expressed religion is or isnā€™t. Iā€™m mightnā€™t particularly go for the neighbour 5 doors down who religiously gets off his face every Friday night on the boozeā€¦ so long as he doesnā€™t drive his car or hurt anyone else what and how he does it is his business.

As to ā€˜religionsā€™ as suchā€¦ itā€™s ALWAYS the fundamentalists that give each one cause for concern ā€” but to judge the whole by the few simply shows our own weak and pathetic biasā€™.

What Iā€™m saying is - look at many places where Muslim communities have grown - starting with a few families, and growing - and just freakinā€™ LOOK.
Itā€™s not a judgment Iā€™m making - itā€™s reportage. I will list all the stories I can find if that will help (but donā€™t make me).

What would I do if a Muslim family moved next door? First thing Iā€™d do - is watch my house value overnight, lose about $50,000.00. Not the Muslimā€™s fault - itā€™s the scare that people have of the Muslims.

Well wait - why do people fear Muslims? Itā€™s because the Muslims by and large say and do nothing to discourage or finger or identify or snitch on the Radicals that they know about. They donā€™t by and large SPEAK OUT LOUDLY enough to discourage terrorism by the Rads.

I think you are trying to paint me with an inappropriate brush. I am not an Islamaphobe - which means, btw, an ā€˜unreasonable fear of Islamā€™. What fear I do have comes by keeping my eyes and ears opened, and watching the fools who run the educational system, the immigration system, the justice system - become derilict. Davo youā€™re over there, and Don is up there, Iā€™m here. You both are clear-headed and smart - as well as others here at the forum - but you are not seeing this from a US citizenā€™s viewpoint. I think. But surely you see what is happening in Europe and other places? It always starts small, but it does not end that way.

Just an observation Daveā€¦ this type of rhetoric true or otherwise probably just adds to stereotypes. :confused:

Well yeah, but this ALL comes back to cause and effectā€¦ the lies of 911 Howard, Blair and Bush fabricated to further their own political ends in terms of the fear-mongering and manipulation they peddle to justify the military action taken ultimately RESULTED IN this flood of people out of their homelands to borders beyond their own ā€” hence the Muslim migration; history show war does that.

Davo, ā€˜true or otherwiseā€™ is a snide remark, youā€™re better than that. You do NOT know southern Oregon; $50k was being conservative.

What was your obfuscation? Oh yeah, the off-putting ā€œWell, yeah butā€¦ā€ Very helpful. Did not address the issue at all, but it gave you a chance to deflect the import (at least to me) of what I was saying.

No matter, as it does not affect you down under at all, right-o?

Does anyone here have a constructive thing to say, about how the U.S. can avoid the problems much of the world is having because of their idiotic immigration policies?