The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

“There’s a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door,” Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro said in an interview nationally broadcast in the United States, bashing the leader of one of America’s venerable allies.

Apart from down south methinks there might be another wall in the offing… up north :laughing:

I hope you read the prelude to these remarks. The back-stabbing and double-cross that Trudeau pulled minutes after Trump left the meeting when certain agreements had already been made?
Trudeau, who puts a 240% tariff on our dairy products that enter Canada, that guy. Whining about our asking for some parity.

Though that advisor’s line “special place in hell” is just stupid.

Like I said… I think a WALL might be on the way :wink:

A ‘tariff wall’ perhaps! I hope so - American taxpayers have been subsidizing a goodly chunk of the world for too long. We taxpayers could use that money for healthcare, education, inner city renewals, all sorta good stuff.

Lol Dave… whatever in or wherever abouts the US government chooses to meddle they’re quite happy to use your money to do it. :smirk:

Fine with me, though some of it could be used more wisely.

I found this section from the article interesting:

Even if you have to pay full price for medical services in the German Hospital, it will cost less than your copay would cost with insurance in the US. Waiting times are much shorter than what I experience with insurance in the US.

Or this quote from this article:

Medical costs, as stated previously. Once in the national healthcare system, a visit to your doctor, which can include blood tests, the exam, and medication costs a total of €5. All-included!

Very easy access and very good. Rated 11 by WHO forchealthcare. I have never had to wait too long to see a doctor or have a procedure done.

davo said…

DaveB:

…subsidizing a goodly chunk of the world…

Lol Dave… whatever in or wherever abouts the US government chooses to meddle they’re quite happy to use your money to do it. :smirk:

thanks davo, but it is why we live in the greatest nation on the face of the earth. :smile:

Well. I think each country would say that. Although in terms of economic success, China is #2 and Japan is #3.

Now for an initial hats off to Trump…I look forward to see, what has been agreed upon.

De Niro = idiot
"An actor tells us it’s time to f— Trump because the economy is blossoming? Because unemployment is at historic lows? Because wages are increasing? Because ISIS is smashed? Because the leader of North Korea signed an agreement Tuesday after meeting with President Trump pledging to work toward the “complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula?”

One can imagine the conversation in family rooms, other than in Malibu and Manhattan, as the Broadway crowd stood to applaud the tirade." - Tammy Bruce

Well, Dave. We live in a country, where free speech is a constitutional right. Sometimes liberal celebrity figures - say some stupid things. Sometimes conservative celebrity figures - will say stupid tings. And sometimes celebrity figures - will tweet stupid things. But I don’t look at them, as necessarily speaking - for the majority.

No doubt you are correct, R. But the FACT still remains that De Niro said that- and, if you read the article , MOST of the audience rejoiced with him in his profundity.

Trudeau would never have done it if Trump hadn’t slapped a 25% tariff on steel. Why couldn’t Trump have continued the free trade arrangement between our two countries that has been going on for so long? The result of the two-way tariffs will result in each country not being to sell as many of their products as they had hitherto—thus loss of jobs.

Though that advisor’s line “special place in hell” is just stupid.

He apologized for his words.

By the way, though Trudeau is a liberal, most of the Canadian Conservatives are fully behind him for the way he talked to Trump.

Good! Perhaps something good will come out of it, that evens the trade balance a bit, and frees up poor dowtrodden taxpayers like me and everyone I know, to some extent.
(‘Downtrodden’ was perhaps a bit schmaltzy ;-))

No one likes Mr Trump. Except the down trodden and the working stiffs… It makes you wonder how a billionaire turned politician might well be the prophet of the middle class. He may well have used and understands working people, those who work 40-50-60 hours a week to make it happen.

A Thought.

There are millions who like Mr. Trump, and thousands who almost adore him! No use presenting news articles that describe some of his poor decisions. That is dismissed as “false news” concocted by the leftists.

Much as I have problems with President Trump and many of his words and decisions, I am most positively and highly impressed by his meeting with the leader of North Korea, and getting him to agree to dismantle his nuclear program. That seems like a minor miracle to me, when you consider how each of them threatened to destroy the other not too long ago. I was certain that my own prediction would materialize—that Trump would touch off a nuclear war with North Korea. I see that he has now prevented nuclear war with them and in a BIG WAY! Again, I am amazed! Thunderstruck! Delighted!

Looks like the “unqualified” president has just qualified himself—at least in THIS arena.

I hope you are right, Don!

I hope so too. But recently I have been reading some people who declare that the North Korean leader simply deceived Mr. Trump. He still has his complete arsenal, and according to what these people think, he will not give it up, but has deceived Trump with empty promises.

Whether it’s Jong-un or Kardashian… Trump just can’t say no to “Kim” :rofl:

That is rough.:smile:

1 Like