The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

From Leia Klinger: "The Small Business Optimism Index continued its impressive run in May, climbing to the second-highest level in history with small businesses reporting great numbers in several key areas.
The index rose by three points to 107.8 in May, while tax cuts and regulatory changes contributed to increased compensation, positive earnings and sales trends.
“Main Street optimism is on a stratospheric trajectory thanks to recent tax cuts and regulatory changes. For years, owners have continuously signaled that when taxes and regulations ease, earnings and employee compensation increase,” said National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) President and CEO Juanita Duggan.
The May report included several record-setting data points. Employee compensation increases hit a 45-year high at a record net 35%, positive earnings trends reached a survey high at a net 3%, positive sales trends are at the highest level since 1995 and expansion plans are the most robust in survey history.
A net 19% of small business owners noted that they are planning price increases, the highest level since 2008 while a net 3% reported positive profit trends, the best reading in the survey’s history.
“Small business owners are continuing an 18-month streak of unprecedented optimism which is leading to more hiring and raising wages,” said NFIB Chief Economist Bill Dunkelberg. “While they continue to face challenges in hiring qualified workers, they now have more resources to commit to attracting candidates.”

HOUSE MINORITY LEADER NANCY PELOSI, D-CALIF.: Hip-hip-hooray, unemployment is down, what does that mean to me in my life? I need a bigger paycheck. This isn’t just about the unemployment rate, it’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored.

So will Super Trump and the Republicans, SAVE us from any tribulation and Zombie Apocalypse???

That’s already been accomplished! Haven’t you been reading the other threads??:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Trump supporters whom I have personally met, stand behind him and justify his every action, no matter how cruel or foolish. For over 150 years there have been excellent relations between Canadians and U.S. citizens. But now (according to Trump) we Canadians are treating our neighbours to the South “horribly”.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4283279/trump-complains-that-canada-treats-us-horribly-on-trade

Also, we Canadians are accustomed to smuggling goods across the border.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4284645/trump-accuses-cross-border-shopping-canadians-of-being-smugglers

And, of course, any news source that reports ANYTHING negative about Trump, is “false news.”

That is just a ridiculous statement, Don.

Not so ridiculous, Dave. I live near a Trump supporter. Every news article I share with that supporter that makes Trump look bad, is either justified by that person or dismissed as “false news.”

That’s one supporter. Your quote leads one to believe that all - or even a majority - of T supporters are that stupid. I think you should change your statement to say a T supporter you know - don’t throw us all under the moose!

You are basically right, Dave. I have altered my post. However, I don’t base my thoughts on a single supporter. So I have changed my statement to “supporters whom I have personally met”.

I have no doubt that T, like all public figures, has deranged followers and even more deranged detractors.

However, the economy is doing VERY well under T.

Yeh. Not much wonder considering the big tariffs he’s slapped on to U.S. goods. And as long as he keeps an eye on those Canadians who buy boots in the U.S.A. and then muddy them up a bit, and smuggle them into Canada.

Tariffs aren’t the reason - but it’s about time we stop getting suckered by our trade ‘partners’ - we’ve been on the short end of that stick for a long time.
I guess you and your neighbor have a lot in common, but in opposite ways? No matter what Trump does, you will bring up something contrary?

Calling all space cadets for “Spaaace Fooorce!!”

Actually, my neighbour (English/Canadian spelling) didn’t believe that Trump said that about Canadians. I had to prove it by showing the video. And then (as expected) my neighbour tried to justify Trump. Maybe you don’t believe he said it either. So just in case…here is the video:

Haha he sure did. He was misinformed, but is there more to the story?
I don’t know/care if he was justified about the comment, but I found the history very informative.

I’m entertaining some important political guests, from the the Zombie Apocalypse…as the most probable, end-times tribulation model.

Well, I have some guests for dinner. But I don’t know if they are from Trudeau’s Canadian political wing…or the US Trump political wing. :smile:

This would be VERY interesting… A world where Artificial Intelligence, robots and zombies run amok.

I think I would choose the zombies over the lefties at Time:

Now HERE is actual intelligence at work; not propaganda. From the late Charles Krauthammer:

Great Great guy, overcame huge obstacles in his life. Charles is with God and Family right now.