The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Although I don’t like Trump, there is no doubt in my mind that the media is trying to destroy him and put him in the most negative light possible. This is where the left is truly hypocritical. They claim the high ground… They pride fair trials, innocent before proven guilty, giving people the benefit of the doubt, but they don’t practice what they preach and I find democrats just as vile as republicans as I do for that reason.

Here’s a good quote, on watching the news:

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”-- Groucho Marx

Paris accord? No.

Freeman Dyson On Scientific Tribalism, Jordan Peterson On the Idiocy Of Climatism, And NASA on Cooling

November 13, 2018 – 2:43 pm

Not long ago the great physicist Freeman Dyson wrote an introduction to a report on the beneficial aspects of higher carbon dioxide levels. In it he asked:

The people who are supposed to be the experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence… That to me is the central mystery of climate science. It is not a scientific mystery but a human mystery. How does it happen that the whole generation of scientific experts is blind to obvious facts?

He continues:

Indur Goklany has assembled a massive collection of evidence to demonstrate two facts. First, the non-climatic effects of carbon dioxide are dominant over the climatic effects and are overwhelmingly beneficial. Second, the climatic effects observed in the real world are much less damaging than the effects predicted by the climate models, and have also been frequently beneficial. I am hoping that the scientists and politicians who have been blindly demonizing carbon dioxide for 37 years will one day open their eyes and look at the evidence.

Read more here. See also Dr. Dyson’s remarks from a decade ago, as noted here.

Next, here’s Jordan Peterson being asked if “Climate Change” will be the catastrophic problem that finally causes Left and Right to come together, at last, to Do Something. His answer: “No.” Here’s why.

Finally, NASA tells us that we should expect not warming, but cooling, as the Sun enters a quiet period. In a post about this three years ago, I recommended to all of you a book called The Neglected Sun , which describes in meticulous detail the primary role of the Sun in controlling the Earth’s climate (something that seems stubbornly to be ignored by climate alarmists). I recommend it to you still.

Posted by Malcolm on at 2:43 pm, filed under General. RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

« Service Notice

Home

It is interesting… I think I may have said it before, nobody understands a ‘free republic’ which is what the founding fathers of this nation envisioned and set up.

Here’s an interesting article, from today’s BBC news:

Perhaps if I present these BBC educational segments on “fake news”…then we can:

Interesting cause I had a gentleman tell me straight faced that he and his wife watches Andy Taylor and leave it to Beaver and thinks that is how we are meant to be. Go freaking figure.

Maybe in the “ideal” world, Chad. Or perhaps in the world to come. But our world now, looks more like the world - from the Investigation Discovery channel. Where neighbors are killing neighbors. Husbands and wives, are killing each other. Etc.

what is your view of the world to come?

Don’t know. A new heaven and a new earth, as recorded in scripture. But in all honesty, from what I learned from the Eastern Orthodox, Tibetans and Native Americans - a world and us, saturated with divine light.

But we probably need to go - through this first.

Hmmm

Or maybe we are progressing and evolving to take us to new area’s… it is worth a consideration!

Yes, of course. Like your friend that believes the ideal world, is represented by Andy Griffith show.

So if we lived around, near or with…Barney File, Goober Pyle, Gomer Pyle, Ernest T. Bass, and Otis Campbell…We might be living, in an ideal world…It’s all a matter of perspective!

I’m not sure what you are getting at. But you seem to be convinced.

Good Luck. :grinning:

TIMOTHY 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 v for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

Here’s an interesting story, in today’s BBC news:

Let me quote this statement:

Finns have been baffled by US President Donald Trump’s comments praising the country for managing its vast forests by raking.

I hope President Trump, didn’t get this news about raking - from the world’s new media! Or even worse, one of the world’s supermarket tabloids!

Let’s see - 10,000 homes, a city, burnt; 80 lives lost (and many more to be discovered),untold thousands of people’s livelihood destroyed, and them misplaced, billions of dollars of environment and structure destroyed and -
California is responsible for misuse of funds and resources because of idiotic environmental policies, so:
obviously, when the Pres is trying to help, if he uses one wrong word, THAT’s the news.

Yeah he is such a terrible man.

(Randy - not aimed at you, bro. It’s the good ol’ “completely neutral” msm)

Let’s ALL reflect, on these words of wisdom - for today:

“I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter!”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

I finally got it. As the GDP grows, money is created to match that growth whether printed or by the magic of software! I’m not certain that the USA doesn’t create money beyond debt creation right now? If that is the case i don’t think it’s directly tied to GDP growth but some connection to inflation increases.

Well, everyone made a big stink about Hillary’s email stuff. And rightfully so, I might add. But this article from the BBC today, is very interesting.

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”-- John Wooden

One thing can be guaranteed… you won’t hear the same vitriol from the Hilary hater hypocrites.