The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Randy - here is one of the most interesting news stories I’ve read in a long time. It follows the Uranium One deal from 2004 to the present.
If you read it, let me know what you think of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Mueller, Rosenstein, Weisemann et al. What Trump has stock in - who cares, when shown the following?:

Well, I suspect the story is anti-Obama and Anti-Democrat. But I try to read and watch everything, with an open mind. I will try to give it, my best shot. Right after I finish watching shows about zombies, superheros, monsters and other “socially redeeming” topics! :wink:

Dumbest Post I’ve seen in a long time Duhhh The US insulates Canada from any such action. You really need to know who your friends are. Purely political nonsense.

No, it’s full of FACTS, which are what you are after. Not a slanted article - but open source, verifiable.
IF Barry and Hilary and the rest did amazingly illegal, anti-American stuff, I think it’s important.
Be that as it may, there will not be a quiz!! Sounds like you have a full plate already.

ALWAYS! :smile:

Anyway, I’m carrying a holy relic with me. Can you hold it, for about five minutes? Thanks! :wink:

MM - is that YOU shaking your head, above? You look so…interesting. :smiley:

Just in case we forgot, Hillary had a private server with little to no protection and Hillary bleached washed about 38,000 emails yet Ivanka deleted nothing and willingly provided everything, other then these things, no difference!

2 Likes

The Uranium One story I referred to is absolutely fascinating. Putting partisan politics aside, even…it’s a great story.

It is interesting that you continue to harass my ass. Why?

Can you NOT take a joke? That man was in commercials as 'The Most Interesting Man in the World". A beer commercial.
I was just playing on the ‘interesting’ thing. My bad - I’m too obscure even for myself.

Well, I’ll say that the context with Don had a bit to do with my reaction. Please forgive if you were offended. It was not intended.:wink:

Like I said -my bad. As I get older, I get more obscure. Soon, I’ll be so obscure as to sound wise. :slight_smile:
No problems bro.

Hey, love ya man.

Of course, Canada doesn’t need any such action. Neither does any other country need such action to keep out refugees. Rather, they should welcome people who have such deep needs.

Canada welcomed the Vietnam refugees, provided for their needs, and soon these refugees were independent and in the work force like any other Canadian. My nephews, my wife, and I formed “The Refugee Assistance Group.” My wife and I sponsored three different families (at three different times). Until they became independent again, they lived in a trailer that we bought and placed on our property for that purpose.

The church that I attend also sponsored a refugee family at the time. They lived in a house that the church purchased for that purpose.

That’s very good, Don, and I applaud you and others that do that.
I don’t think, however, that you (or us) have yet paid the price of open and free admission to anyone who wants to come in.
Have you read what has happened to Belgium? Or Germany? Netherlands? England? Would Canada be willing to lose its national identity?
Is there no room even for vetting? We already take in a million immigrants a year - more than any other country in the world, as far as I can tell from a google search. Canada took 300K (2016).
PLaces in the USA where illegal immigrants tend to live together have the highest serious crime rates. It is known that terrorist agents blend in with groups that enter illegally - they have killed and raped repeatedly. Is Canada alright with that? I don’t think so.
Prudent generosity is where it’s at.

Of course. Canada normally checks out everyone who applies for immigration. But when a large number of people have to escape their country to save their lives, there needs to be special regulations. Those people can be kept in temporary locations under supervision, and supplied with the necessities of life, until such time that each of them is able to go though the immigration process.

There is no evidence that there are terrorist agents among that large group of refugees that the U.S.A. is keeping out through use of tear gas.

It is known that there are ms13 gang members among that group. And a couple of ISIS spokemen have bragged that they have some people in there as well. Let us also not forget that the big majority of the current caravan are 20-something young men - with some women and kids up front for the photo-op. As well, it has now come out that the leaders, promotors, rabble-rousers in charge of the whole charade, lied to the regular folk about what they could expect.
The tear gas - a good alternative to possible bloodshed, imo.
None of us are happy about the number of killings, rapes etc. that illegal immigrants have committed in this country. Letting in one terrorist more - might be the one that kills my wife, or someone’s wife or kids.
And the vetting ain’t easy, as we’ve learned - contacting the countries from which the illegal immigrants are coming is almost useless, since those countries are corrupt, record keeping is atrocious, and the leaders lie to us anyway.
It’s difficult being prudent and caring at the same time. If we give the message "come to the USA and our taxpayers will pay to house you and your families, feed you, provide healthcare, for as long as it takes to get clearance - well then, it is almost the same as saying to those that are here already, going through the citizenship process for years, patiently waiting for something they have earned - you did all that in vain. We’ll do more for those that rush our borders en masse, demanding that we care for them and give them benefits. Not fair.
And the assimilation problem is a big one. Most of the incoming illegals don’t want to assimilate, they want to bring their culture here. Europe is being transformed, and not to the European’s benefit, by, especially, Muslims who increasingly take over villages, cities and sometimes government offices, and want to change their new environments into Muslim culture.

2 Likes

As to “record keeping” Dave… in the last year, what might the US statistics be for Americans in America being shot up and killed by a terrorist — as opposed to Americans in America being shot up and killed by your fellow citizens? Is there a comparison?

Assimilation! Yes, that’s United States. You gotta get assimilated.
Canada is known as a patchwork country. People from various ethnic backgrounds tend to live in particular areas. There are large areas that are almost exclusively aboriginal. In Manitoba, even towns tend toward a predominant ethnic group. For example, the people of Steinbach, Altona, and Winkler are predominantly of Mennonite background. The people of Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, and Ste. Anne are predominantly of French background.

Ouch! that’s a real zinger, davo.
What the hell difference does it make to YOU? Fortunately, our people are on the job and have foiled a great number of terrorist plots, which perhaps you have not heard about?
Taking shots at the USA - its a terrible place I guess, compared to the garden of eden of the rest of the world, and yet so much of the world wants to live here. I don’t get it, dude.
Are you suggesting unfettered immigration will help us solve our problems?