The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Is Canada, then, really so much more compassionate? Would the country take a few million more?
The country is not made up of individuals like you, unfortunately.

" Since the Democrats went to war against what they called, “family separation”, two migrant children have died. They did not die, as the media would have you believe, because border security is cruel, but because encouraging migrants to cross the desert with their children, as the media has done, is evil.

The outrage, the tears and fury over the policy of deterring illegal migrants from using children to force their way into this country was not compassionate. It did not help migrant children. It killed them.

The 8-year-old boy from Guatemala and the 7-year-old girl from Guatemala, who died earlier this month, are the casualties of their false compassion for children. The media would have its viewers, readers and listeners believe that its outrage was meant to save children. It was not. It was meant to take their lives.

The dead children are not the victims of an overworked Border Patrol that has been deliberately starved of the resources to do its job, because its job would limit the ability of Democrats to steal elections. They are the victims of abusive parents or caretakers, who are willing to use the lives of their children as tickets to get inside the United States, not to escape persecution, but to double or triple their incomes.
The deaths of these two children are already being used to argue for a further dismantling of border security that will lead to the flow of more illegal migrants and the deaths of more children.

This Cloward-Piven strategy for using children to kill immigration enforcement took off earlier with phony outrage over family separation by a political movement exploiting their suffering for votes. Now the strategy has fully matured by using not just the abuse of children, but their deaths, to perpetuate the abusive behaviors that led to their deaths.

The more children die, the more pressure there is to dismantle border security, and the more border security is dismantled, the more illegal migration will increase and the more children will die.

The Democrat war on border security is being lubricated with the deaths of children." - Daniel Greenfield

1 Like

I’m all in favor, of taking in more zombie refugees! :smile:

Maybe this guy might also show up!

I thought, actually, that Zombie refugees would like to kill us and eat various parts? Are you volunteering to be one of the eaten? That is VERY compassionate of you!!

No, Dave. They’re mainly friends of mine. I’ll tell them my good EU Forum friend, Dave…has lunch for them. And send them your way! :wink:

Canada wants them!!! Send them north!!! They won’t like Oregon - too much pot in the air. :slight_smile:

No country is compassionate. It’s the people in a country who are compassionate.

As for Canadians in general being willing to take in more, I do not know the answer to that. But I am sure there are many who would be more than willing to do so.

Bear in mind also that the population of Canada is only one tenth that of United States.

I heard some folks in Oregon…are planing to use zombies for compost, to grow weed! :wink:

Now THAT, my friend, would not surprise me!

There is never a coherent answer given to this question. It’s always theoretical but all these migrants have to cared for long after they arrive here, sometimes decades, sometimes for generations.
Again we have legal immigration to the tune of 1 million per year, these are additional illegal immigrants above and beyond legal immigration.
The resources allocated to these migrants would have gone to poor people here and our kids and grandkids yet Paidion and others just think we should indefinitely keep accepting the worlds migrants forever and if we object, it must be because we are Trump zombies! What did the Tin Man say in the Wizard of Oz?

Mere speculation!

The vast majority of Vietnamese refugees who came to Canada in the 70s, were on their own in a year or two.

I can’t remember which country it was, but the Vietnamese refugees there were temporarily placed on reserves. They were ecstatic! They wrote to friends in Canada saying how privileged they were to live on these reserves, and explained how they were planning their future independence.

There’s an interesting story, from the BBC news today:

Where does this lady, fit into the polls?

The Vietnamese who came in the 70s probably would have been murdered by the Communists if they didn’t escape so they were very motivated to be successful and probably were educated in Vietnam. Perhaps also they were not illegal immigrants so Canada was able to make arrangements for them before they arrived in Canada.
In America we have a million legal immigrants a year so AGAIN this is not an issue of immigration or not and it’s an issue of NUMBERS and sovereignty of a nation. Would you like unlimited numbers of uninvited visitors to come through your door?

This is what Democrats are shutting down our government for…

I thought Trump was in charge, i.e., he is the one who’s shutting down your government, not anyone else; he’s even EXPLICITLY said so and owned it…

Nice try, once again.
My point was the sanctuary cities, that are disregarding federal law, and protecting criminals over and over again that commit heinous crimes. ICE could not take action on these two, and then those 2 murdered people. That was the point. And Dems will not criticize sanctuary cities, but do in fact curse ICE and anyone who backs them up. .Had ICE been allowed to carry out the law, the people would still be alive. Fact.

Now as to your little ditty: Trump has made, since saying that, at least two counter-offers to the Dems, that would open up the government. They have said NO, and they have made NO counters to his offer. The reason? Trump wants the wall. The SAME DEMS who voted for it 10 years ago are NOW HOLDING UP the gov’t for purely political means. Trump has made offers in good faith

Who’s holding it up now?? I believe that if Trump promised the second coming if only the dems would build the wall, they still would not do it. They are determined to ruin him, and apparently the country. The lying weasels.

1 Like

To tie into my above comment, will you ever admit, whoever you are, that the bias is huge and real? This is important because I’m convinced you are consistently being fed nothing but biased reporting. So I can’t blame you for being way off the mark - you only know what you are being fed.
New survey:

" according to research released Tuesday by the Media Research Center, a conservative press watchdog.

The new study of major broadcast coverage reveals that 90 percent of statements made by reporters and nonpartisan sources the last three months on ABC, NBC and CBS evening newscasts about Mr. Trump and his administration were negative.

It’s all in the numbers. The analysts found 1,123 out of 1,228 statements made about the president on the “Big Three” news networks during September, October and November were critical of Mr. Trump. Only 105 of the statements were considered positive in tone or content.

“As the Media Research Center has been documenting all year, the media have approached the Trump presidency with unrelenting hostility,” wrote Rich Noyes, director of research for the organization, which has found evidence of liberal bias against the White House in previous research this year.

“Even as the media whine about about Trump, their hostile coverage shows no let up. Our study of news in June, July and August found an identical rate of 91 percent negative coverage — which means TV news is unchanged in its hostility toward the president,” Mr. Noyes said."

Yes yes, the survey was done by a conservative press watchdog. Surprised? Who else would do that survey?

1 Like

Yep fair enough… I was just providing indisputable evidence that the headline you deferred to above in favour of your argument is fundamentally NOT correct… as per the horses’ mouth.

Not only that, but if memory serves me correctly Trump is on record declaring, promising and guaranteeing HE was going to have Mexico pay for his wall… pretty sure there’s an election clip or two out there somewhere that could be provided if certain Trumpettes were a little short on an honest memory.

Well said, davo - your deep insights are not letting me down!
But thanks for agreeing with me on the Dems guilt in the sanctuary cities, and as a corollary, their guilt in not stopping the shutdown, after offers by Trump. Or do you not even get that?
Do you even get the news over there?

Sure do… I even believe Trump where he takes full responsibility for your shutdown and decides to blame no one else but himself; I believe Trump do you?..

Simple question Dave… in that clip does Trump declare that he and he alone will shut down your government and HE would not blame anyone else for his declared actions — YES or NO?

Geez - did you not hear the clip?
The fact is, he cannot do it alone. All he can do under our system is to threaten to veto a bill from the Dems, that did not include funds for the wall. He did threaten that, so the Dems have had a hissy-fit to try and dodge their culpability. It’s American politics. You have no idea.
Has Trump been making good-faith negotiating attempts that the Dems have turned down - resulting in the CONTINUANCE of the shutdown? Yea or nay?
Why can’t I get that answer? THEY are keeping us shutdown, over the same issue they voted FOR a few years back. Will you admit that?? Yes. NO?

1 Like