The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

I don’t know - he gave the media 90 extra minutes and then got nothing but adversarial putdowns and name-calling and rudeness - I give him a break on this one. The media are trolls.
There were so many important issues that could have been brought up, but no.

My take is that he is the president of the United States, And he can do… Well whatever the hell he wants to.

True. But then don’t go blaming the world’s media, for their take on his actions! :wink:

“When you do the things in the present that you can see, you are shaping the future that you are yet to see.”-- Idowu Koyenikan

Warning: knee-jerk reaction to follow!! :grin:
The same media that calls him a racist and his wife a c***? The same media that say he faked the Jim Acosta tape? The same media that glorifies 'pig in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon?" The same media that tries to hide the crimes of the Clintons, that gave Obama a pass on intentionally dividing the country on racism …well we could add a lot o that list, but until the media stops being advocacy journalists bent on destroying bad bad America, I suggest Trump not give them the time of day.

Hum! There’s an interesting article, in today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter:

Everyone has their idea. I think Trumps is that, a rising tide lifts all boats. We shall see.
“People like Trump”. Geez.

I am a tad surprised by the number of trump haters who have expressed distaste for Donald Trump. As a mere long-distance observer, it seems to me that most are cutting him no slack. You criticize just about everything he says and does yet very few criticisms are levied against the MSM and other leftwing ideologues who say and do despicable, racist, deplorable, foul-mouthed things about a man who appears to be living up to his promises. He may be uncouth, I admit, but compared with the predecessor and the wannabe Clinton, he is doing his very best. And, to my way of thinking, he is succeeding and will succeed despite receiving no help from his opponents.

To repeat an offer I made months ago: we will take Trump off your hands, but only if you relieve us of prima-donna Justin Trudeau.

U.S.—As more and more Americans grow disillusioned with the democratic process, an increasing number of voters are throwing their support behind Aragorn II, Son of Arathorn, King of Gondor.

While the candidates on the ballot all received a fair number of votes, the largest voting bloc simply wrote in “Hail Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, the rightful heir to the throne of Gondor! We owe him our allegiance!” The monarch seems to have won support among American voters through his impeccable personal character, strong military service, and “dope” sword fighting ability.

“Some other candidates have good policies and decent track records, but none of them fought off the forces of Mordor when all hope seemed lost,” said one political pundit. “That’s not even to mention his strong showing at Helm’s Deep. And when he totally destroyed that Uruk Hai dude, he shot up in the polls significantly.”

Although it’s too early to call, should Aragorn win every race in the midterm elections, political experts believe Aragorn would become the king of America for life. “There’s really no way around it. We’d move away from letting the mob pick our ruler every couple of years and instead hail the rightful king. Hail Aragorn! Hail Aragorn!” said one cable news anchor.

The King of Gondor gave a rally speech thanking Americans for their support on Tuesday afternoon. “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will,” he said as the crowd bowed to him. “Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, of America, my brothers! A day may come when the nation fails, but it is not this day. An hour of darkness and despair, when the age of the great nation of America comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!”

Aragorn was also able to win over substantial support among the Army of the Dead, typically a strong Democratic voting bloc. - the BabylonBee
article-3286-1

Now, that’s REALLY good to hear! In fact, I’m leading them all now to vote!

This comes from the BBC news today:

Although I don’t like Trump, there is no doubt in my mind that the media is trying to destroy him and put him in the most negative light possible. This is where the left is truly hypocritical. They claim the high ground… They pride fair trials, innocent before proven guilty, giving people the benefit of the doubt, but they don’t practice what they preach and I find democrats just as vile as republicans as I do for that reason.

Here’s a good quote, on watching the news:

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”-- Groucho Marx

Paris accord? No.

Freeman Dyson On Scientific Tribalism, Jordan Peterson On the Idiocy Of Climatism, And NASA on Cooling

November 13, 2018 – 2:43 pm

Not long ago the great physicist Freeman Dyson wrote an introduction to a report on the beneficial aspects of higher carbon dioxide levels. In it he asked:

The people who are supposed to be the experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence… That to me is the central mystery of climate science. It is not a scientific mystery but a human mystery. How does it happen that the whole generation of scientific experts is blind to obvious facts?

He continues:

Indur Goklany has assembled a massive collection of evidence to demonstrate two facts. First, the non-climatic effects of carbon dioxide are dominant over the climatic effects and are overwhelmingly beneficial. Second, the climatic effects observed in the real world are much less damaging than the effects predicted by the climate models, and have also been frequently beneficial. I am hoping that the scientists and politicians who have been blindly demonizing carbon dioxide for 37 years will one day open their eyes and look at the evidence.

Read more here. See also Dr. Dyson’s remarks from a decade ago, as noted here.

Next, here’s Jordan Peterson being asked if “Climate Change” will be the catastrophic problem that finally causes Left and Right to come together, at last, to Do Something. His answer: “No.” Here’s why.

Finally, NASA tells us that we should expect not warming, but cooling, as the Sun enters a quiet period. In a post about this three years ago, I recommended to all of you a book called The Neglected Sun , which describes in meticulous detail the primary role of the Sun in controlling the Earth’s climate (something that seems stubbornly to be ignored by climate alarmists). I recommend it to you still.

Posted by Malcolm on at 2:43 pm, filed under General. RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

« Service Notice

Home

It is interesting… I think I may have said it before, nobody understands a ‘free republic’ which is what the founding fathers of this nation envisioned and set up.

Here’s an interesting article, from today’s BBC news:

Perhaps if I present these BBC educational segments on “fake news”…then we can:

Interesting cause I had a gentleman tell me straight faced that he and his wife watches Andy Taylor and leave it to Beaver and thinks that is how we are meant to be. Go freaking figure.

Maybe in the “ideal” world, Chad. Or perhaps in the world to come. But our world now, looks more like the world - from the Investigation Discovery channel. Where neighbors are killing neighbors. Husbands and wives, are killing each other. Etc.

what is your view of the world to come?

Don’t know. A new heaven and a new earth, as recorded in scripture. But in all honesty, from what I learned from the Eastern Orthodox, Tibetans and Native Americans - a world and us, saturated with divine light.

But we probably need to go - through this first.

Hmmm