The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Attaboy, right on cue.

1 Like

As an American, I don’t really believe any single person has enough power to shift this country in any meaningful way. The president is powerful, no doubt, but if the people overall are against him, then he would literally be able to do nothing. The fact is, culturally we are a split people. I would estimate that 25% hard left, 25% hard right, and the rest of us are in the middle. I saw value in Obama, and in Trump, on certain policies.

Politics in America is now very ugly. This is a case where no one wants to take the high ground. I do find democrats more hypocritical in this regard overall, because they talk the big talk (most of them are idealist college students, it seems) but ultimately are just as hateful towards others that they hate.

The “righteous right” is also hypocritical, as they profess to follow Jesus, but demand more about their rights than they do about helping others. I guess we are all just a bunch of hypocrites at times. It seems to be humanity’s weakness… :frowning:

2 Likes

This site was recommended to me…by a PhD. person, in the Eastern Orthodox OCA church…He works in statistics, at the University of Chicago…it was after I asked him a question, on polling samples.

Luckily, President Trump didn’t send this tweet. :wink:

1 Like

Oh Dear! Of My! Just take a gander, at today’s BBC news story!

Aw, shoot. Turns out that Romney - well, he was right in some things, but WAY off the mark in others. And here I thought we’d settled the question.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/01/02/mitt-romney-wasnt-wrong-criticize-donald-trump-hes-just-wrong/

Yes impressive plus NK was firing missiles over Japan and threatening us & others every other day and at least that stopped even though negotiations are apparently stalled.

For me the great achievement is the conservative Judges, holding that check and balance that our Republic is in need of.

For others… Notice I did not say Democracy. :wink:

2 Likes

Well… Trump didn’t attempt to justify his actions in a general matter—nor did he point out errors in Romney’s thinking. He just dismissed Romney from consideration with the words, “I won big, and he didn’t!”

Maybe there were no errors in Mr. Romney’s thinking. He was a lame candidate, Mr Trump did win big and Mr Romney really floundered.

Mitt just was not the peoples choice.

There is no argument that Trump the person makes juvenile statements but Trump the President generally has awesome policies. My interest is mainly economics and security.

Right as you said America is a republic or representative democracy.

1 Like

Hum! Interesting article in today’s BBC news. I’m surprised President Trump, didn’t bid on this! :wink:

He’s got…wait for it…Bigger Fish to Fry!!! Hahahahahahaha :slight_smile:

1 Like

That reminds me. You can tune a piano…but…wait for it… :rofl:

1 Like

True, but you can play scales on a fish.

1 Like

Hum! Another one bites the dust. According to today’s BBC article.

At one point during a meeting at the White House on Wednesday, according to the Wall Street Journal, Pelosi interrupted Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen while she was citing statistics related to the border, including how many criminal illegal immigrants attempted to enter the U.S. last year.

“I reject your facts,” Pelosi told Nielsen.

(From “Trump cites unlikely allies Clinton, Obama amid border wall showdown.”)

Sounds like it could be a long two years until the next election–unless we pray more…

Sen. Cruz Reintroduces EL CHAPO Act

BILL FUNDS BORDER SECURITY, RESERVES BILLIONS IN ASSETS FORFEITED IN THE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OF JOAQUIN ARCHIVALDO GUZMAN LOREA “EL CHAPO” AND OTHER DRUG LORDS

“Currently the U.S. Government is seeking the criminal forfeiture of more than $14 billion in drug proceeds and illicit profits from El Chapo…”