The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Maybe there were no errors in Mr. Romney’s thinking. He was a lame candidate, Mr Trump did win big and Mr Romney really floundered.

Mitt just was not the peoples choice.

There is no argument that Trump the person makes juvenile statements but Trump the President generally has awesome policies. My interest is mainly economics and security.

Right as you said America is a republic or representative democracy.

Hum! Interesting article in today’s BBC news. I’m surprised President Trump, didn’t bid on this! :wink:

He’s got…wait for it…Bigger Fish to Fry!!! Hahahahahahaha :slight_smile:

That reminds me. You can tune a piano…but…wait for it… :rofl:

True, but you can play scales on a fish.

Hum! Another one bites the dust. According to today’s BBC article.

At one point during a meeting at the White House on Wednesday, according to the Wall Street Journal, Pelosi interrupted Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen while she was citing statistics related to the border, including how many criminal illegal immigrants attempted to enter the U.S. last year.

“I reject your facts,” Pelosi told Nielsen.

(From “Trump cites unlikely allies Clinton, Obama amid border wall showdown.”)

Sounds like it could be a long two years until the next election–unless we pray more…

Sen. Cruz Reintroduces EL CHAPO Act

BILL FUNDS BORDER SECURITY, RESERVES BILLIONS IN ASSETS FORFEITED IN THE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OF JOAQUIN ARCHIVALDO GUZMAN LOREA “EL CHAPO” AND OTHER DRUG LORDS

“Currently the U.S. Government is seeking the criminal forfeiture of more than $14 billion in drug proceeds and illicit profits from El Chapo…”

It looks like there is also major problems - in Australia - fishy ones, mind you.

Well, I was watching a Marx Brothers film yesterday. Would this be a good song - for President Trump?

Yes, all those dirty tourrrists, illegal arrivals desecrating and invading our shores, inflicting so much pain and harm… we’ll likely be needing to build the mother of all sand walls to keep them all out AND get New Zealand to pay for it! :kissing_heart:

No doubt beards are also a form of male supremacy, and must be banned.

"That cultural revolution is moving forward so quickly that it’s rapidly running out of rails.

In the last five years, the Left has embraced racial supremacism, denied biology, endorsed anti-Semitism, and declared that science was a white patriarchal conspiracy.

What’s left?

Condemning men.

The American Psychological Association (APA) effectively declared war on “traditional masculinity” in its newly released rules on how psychologists should deal with men.

The APA now claims that “traditional masculinity is psychologically harmful”.

“The main thrust of the subsequent research is that traditional masculinity—marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression—is, on the whole, harmful,” the APA claims."
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/272494/american-psychological-association-declares-daniel-greenfield

I would like to have your view on how to deal with immigration,

In terms of Australian immigration and politics I’d like to see the fear factor removed… fear like sex sells, i.e., people buy into it. Our conservative government of the day for political gain milked to perfection the 911 attacks in terms of promoting the uncertainty and fear that generated just to win an impending election which they to that point were forecast to lose. Since then they have used and developed immigration and border security to maintain and massage that fear and erode certain civil liberties… all in the name of ‘counter-terrorism’.

Subsequent then to 911… as a result of Australia having joined in the shameless bombing of Afghanistan and Iraq many refugees then escaping the torturous Islamist factions slowly made their way down through southeast Asia taking the final perilous boat trip from Indonesia to out northern shores — this migration happened when the former Opposition party was now in government and over the space of about 2yrs 50,000 refugees came across with about 1100 dying at sea.

When the conservatives then made it back into power their catch-cry to win that election was around border security and the influx of Muslim refugees, of which the government then changed the “refugees” language to “illegal arrivals” — more shamelessness.

Through tougher means, they have had success in curtailing the influx of refugee attempts but completely overstate this by ignoring one major fact… the bulk of original people moving down through the region was a direct result of OUR actions, actions that have since ceased and thus the major slowing in refugees etc; BUT that does not suit conservative spin.

I’m all for controlled immigration… we’ve had it for years and it has greatly blessed Australia. Unfortunately it was made into a political tool for those ends. I remember when in the 70’s a former conservation government welcomed with open arm literal thousands of “boat people” i.e., refugees from Indo-China (again of which we had shamelessly bombed etc) and they all eventually fitted in and have become a vital part of our cultural fabric, bringing much blessing in terms of cultural diversity.

FACT… Australia has MORE “illegal arrivals” flying straight in through our major airports than ever we did getting here by boat. Another FACT… other than our indigenous population who preceded us all by around 60,000 years European arrivals were all ‘boat people’ — we’re predominately convict stock (that might explain our somewhat innate aversion for authority :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Perhaps this video and experiment - by this computer professor - might give us some insight!

Definitely a Calvinist beard!!

What’s left is not “Seinfeld”, i just heard they are banning this too! Like the French Revolution , it eventually it’s eat it’s young!

This is SUCH a surprise. Not.

Someone said that Trump should be imPEACHed because he’s imPEARed.