The Evangelical Universalist Forum

If Eternal Hell Fire Damnation is True . .

So killing all but eight of humanity is God putting the needs of the many above the needs of the few.

Go away. You are too stupid even for me.

Regards
DL

And a moral man’s Spirit and truth would teach him that such a God is nor worthy of respect.

In Job 2;3 God admit to being evil and a sinner when he says that Satan moved him to do evil.

The hit man/Satan and his don/Yahweh are both guilty of the murder of Job’s family.

Only immoral souls will respect such a vile demiurge.

Regards
DL

It is sad to see someone be so lost when surrounded by such a huge league of knowledgeable intellect. I myself pray for you, cause you are obviously brought into our midst. You are here for a reason… Weather you know it or not… Or want to agree with it. :laughing:

[size=150]Clearly your continual contrariness here is meeting some deep-seated NEED of yours… so to that degree you are welcome to post away.[/size]

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

I think it is fair to state that what gnostic bishop fails to realize is that God is working all together for good. All the humans who lost their lives in the flood of Noah’s day will one day be brought back to life and will be given immortality and incorruption. They will all be bowing in the name of Jesus and acclaiming Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God, the Father. So how does that make him a “genocidal prick”? We are removed by thousands of years from what was so bad in Noah’s day that God had to put an end to. It must have been very egregious. But God is going to make it good in the end where no one will say God was unfair. The people like Gnostic and militant atheists will only use tunnel vision to see what God has done. They refuse to take a step back to see the whole forest. They take a microscope and say “Look here!” They fail to see the goal God has for all mankind. But you know what? One day they will see it too. And that, friends, will be a glorious day!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTscc-fGuhHaqmkJSre-JmReg1KRnLA73-cZqj2OeI8rSobx2t

Did you, by chance, work for the Ross Perot campaign? And do you now, work for the Donald Trump campaign? And did you come up with all the one-liners, for both campaigns :question: :laughing:

Hi G.B., It is interesting how you think.
God stacked the deck against Adam and Eve. First of all, He created them flesh, knowing full well in advance that “the flesh is not able to please God” and “is not subject to the law of God” (see Roman 8:6-8 following):

For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace, because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able." Now those who are in flesh are not able to please God.
(Rom 8:6-8)

So when God laid down the law in the garden “Thou shalt not eat of . . .” He knew they would not be subject to that law and would go against it. He also knew Adam and Eve would not be able to please God in this matter. That is the will He gave them. It is not a will that is free to be able to please God nor free to be subject to His law. Therefore God is supremely culpable in this matter and He obviously wanted the primal pair to fail and thus have death enter into the whole human race so that all would sin. Notice right after they sinned, God brought in the proto-evangel concerning His Son dying to make things right. That was not “plan B”. It was His goal all along.

God also made Adam and Eve soulish knowing full well in advance that:
1Co_2:14 Now the soulish man is not receiving those things which are of the spirit of God, for they are stupidity to him, and he is not able to know them, seeing that they are spiritually examined."

It is sown a soulish body; it is roused a spiritual body. If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam, “became a living soul:the last Adam a vivifying Spirit.” But not first the spiritual, but the soulish, thereupon the spiritual."
(1Co 15:44-46)

So by God creating Adam and Eve soulish, He knew in advance just what He was doing to stack the deck against them. (Some translations translate “psuchikos” as “natural” but it is the adjectival form of “psuche” which is “soul.”

GB wrote:

I don’t know what you mean by “free will can be taken.” There is no such thing as free will. There is “will” but it is not free. It is the will of the flesh (see John 1:13; Eph.2:3). Since the flesh is at enmity to God and not subject to God’s law, that is our will. It is not free to be friends with God and is not free to do God’s law. God has to change our will by giving of His spirit to override our will of the flesh.

Eusebius

youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8

If you want to discuss things with logic and reason I am here for you.

If you prefer to hide behind supernatural garbage on what motivates God and speak of issues that you cannot possibly know and put word into God’s mouth or brain, then that link above applies.

“God stacked the deck against Adam and Eve.”

Your overall theme seems to indicate that Yahweh is quite the prick and created A & E imperfect, even though scriptures say all his works are perfect.

I recognize the evolving perfection of mankind.

Seems I give your God more credit than you do.

But if you are correct, why would you follow an immoral and rather satanic God?

Regards
DL

I haven’t read this thread, but I notice the last post here is from Gnostic Bishop. Just to let you know–s/he won’t be answering any replies to his/her remarks for at least a month as s/he has been banned for that period of time on the grounds of general snarkiness on another thread. Please don’t talk about him/her until the month has expired so that s/he can respond to any remarks.