The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Jesus' birth and last supper place

I will answer that once you give a clear answer to this…

Eusebius, simply answer this… consistent with your logic — which sins of yours do you attribute to God’s initiating?

Eusebius said

I said:

Then Eusebius said:

I think that your comment (above) about more people disagreeing could be taken that you are here to stir up dissention (as opposed to having discussions and the banter that happens when two different views are posed) and that you may well get some sort of a kick out of the disagreeing. :exclamation:
Please explain if I am wrong :confused:

I’ll answer when you answer me first. There! Na na na na na! :smiley:

It was never my intention to come here to stir up dissension. Actually, that is the last thing I am here for. I come here for fellowship with great posters like you who have plenty to share.
I don’t get a kick out of disagreeing with anyone. But I’m neither a snowflake that melts at the least amount of heat. If someone wants to challenge what I believe, that’s fine. Just expect a challenge back. It is just kind of disheartening not to find anyone here that agrees much with what others say. But that is to be expected since we are all at different levels of maturation.

ceart go leor ansin :exclamation:

YEP, called that one… so predictably puerile, :unamused: which is why I usually think twice before engaging your outlandishly errant and shallow claims.

Dear davo,
Okay, I will answer you, then you can answer me if you want to.
Are all our sins of God?
There is the relative and the absolute answer to this question.
In the relative sense, humans do sin. Why do humans sin? It is because we all have death operating in us per Romans 5:12. We also sin because we are made flesh and know the flesh is at enmity to God, is not subject to God’s laws and is not able (Romans 8:7). Human’s will is the will of the flesh (John 1:13; Eph.2:3).

In the absolute sense, God is responsible for creating us the way He did. He created humanity flesh knowing full well in advance what that entailed. So, ultimately the buck stops with God. But we can’t just stop there. Since God is ultimately responsible, He did something about it in sending His Son to die for us and put the flesh to death and create a new humanity for all mankind in immortality and incorruption.

Could Judas have done otherwise than to give up Christ to be crucified? If so, please provide proof.

crickets

So, let me get this straight so there is no skerrick of confusion… with regards to your own personal sin/s, you are saying that in committing said sin/s “God is responsible” BECAUSE He created you to sin, i.e., your inclination to commit sin/s is absolutely and ultimately God’s doing, NOT yours? Is this a correct understanding of YOUR position — YES or NO?

<skerrick, had to look it up : A very small amount or portion, particularly used in the negative and chiefly in British and Australian English>

Wow me too… :astonished:

Ooops, sorry guys… I sometimes forget my colloquialisms make perfect sense in my head, but leave you scratching yours. :laughing:

I love the colloquialisms, Davo. Don’t stint. :wink:

Eusebius,

I pretty much agree with Jason’s interpretation of the events at Jesus’ last supper and birth. Chances are that Joseph, having relatives in Bethlehem, ended up in the “stockyard” part of the house because older relatives had already taken the “upper room,” which many houses kept for guests. The animals’ quarters would have been on a lower level from the main room of the house so that the animals couldn’t easily invade the living space and for sweeping and so they could eat from the “mangers,” which would have been hollows scooped out of the upper level floor at the border of the livestock area. The animals typically spent nights in the houses for their safekeeping, but the area would have been cleansed and used by the family during the day. With so many guests, though, the poor beasts had to spend the night out-of-doors. They probably had plenty of company since the men would have been evicted for the birthing event. It would have been a shameful thing for Joseph’s relatives to refuse him hospitality, no matter how full the house likely was–and especially with Mary about to give birth. The idea of Mary giving birth all alone in a cave is the product of a novel written some time later, but still much earlier than I ever knew they had novels.

As for the whole free will thing, it is a discussion that will likely never be resolved in this life. I don’t remember whether I told you (or you discovered) the long discussion on that topic in Tom Talbott’s section. You might enjoy skimming through it.

Blessings, Cindy

I understand the points made on the Caravansary where Christ was born and where His last supper was.

I also understand Talbott’s point of view on free-willism. I don’t agree with him. I don’t believe that, according to him, God has eternity to work with people to change them. This reminds me of a jilted lover who just won’t take no for an answer. And besides, it is just his point of view and is not reflective of the Scriptures. God won’t need to go chasing around people all over the universe trying to get them to “break.” Scripturally speaking, due to Christ’s obedience, all mankind will be MADE or “constituted” righteous and will be justified (Romans 5:18,19). All mankind are neutral recipients of Adam’s and Christ’s one act. Adam didn’t have to chase us around to get us to accept what we get from him and neither does God have to chase us around to get us to accept what we will get from Christ’s obedience.

Dear davo, you are replying to my request to answer me concerning Judas with a question. I have already answered your question.

Well unless I hear otherwise, Eusebius, I’ll conclude that you are answering ‘yes’ to Davo’s question.

Did you read my statement concerning the relative and the absolute regarding sin?

Is that where you answered ‘yes’ to Davo’s question?

That is where I answered davo’s question.

Yep, I’d read that, so your answer to davo’s question is Yes.
Thanks