The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Questions for "Revival"

What is the gift of God, Justin? Is it the faith? or the actual GRACE? Without the free gift of Grace there is no salvation for your faith to move through. The grace is the gift not faith. We can manufacture faith but we can’t manufacture GRACE.

eh? :nerd: The Bible says God gives to every one a measure of faith, it also claims that God is the author and finisher of our faith.
Also, doesn’t it say that all good things come from our father in heaven? faith is a good thing, therefore it is from God, our Father! :sunglasses: Amen? :mrgreen:

Revival,
Eph 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, by faith, and this is not of yourself. Whats not of yourself?? Faith, so that no man no not even Revival may boast

Look at the context 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

you were dead, stillborn, knowing nothing, blind, deaf and you think you generated your faith? A dead man can’t respond unless he’s been called from the darkness like Jesus did to Lazarus. God said let there be light. Do you think that the universe self generated its light?

Rom 3:26This was also to demonstrate his righteousness in the present time, so that he would be just and the justifier of the one who lives because of Jesus’ faithfulness.
3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded! By what principle? Of works? No, but by the principle of faith!

Boasting is excluded because of faith who’s faith? Jesus’. If you generated your faith, that is a work. Which is nothing but a menstrual rag.

Faith is a spiritual gift is it not???

Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith. That means He wrote the whole story. He gave you your faith, He gives you your faith, and He is faithful to complete the work He started and will continue to give you your faith.

Spiritually dead does not mean the inability to choose. It means we are born void of the life of God or spiritual life. Otherwise none of the OT believers would of made it. God told them to choose life or death. Choose life. If we didn’t have the ability to choose on our own why would God say such a thing if he were the one to provide the faith for them to choose? :confused:

The works Paul was referring to was the law not faith. Jesus was asked “we shall we do that we might work the works of God?” Jesus answered “This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent”. In other words, this is the only work God will accept form you, your faith in Jesus. Not faith given to you by God to believe but YOUR OWN FAITH.

Read the rest of my post. Your faith is given to you. Christ is the author of your faith. He wrote it. He gave it to you. YOu did nothing on your own. And yes that is exactly what Paul is talking about with works. If you believe you’ve “self generated” your faith, you have room to boast. That is a self work. It is something that is coming from you.

Rom 9:16
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

I agree redhotmagma. :slight_smile:

Redhot, Jesus is the author and finisher of believers faith, not everyone. Hebrew 11 is the champions of faith chapter. All these people listed in Hebrews 11 were not born again. Their faith was generated from their soul and not their born again spirits. Hebrews 12 is telling Believers that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.

There are 2 kinds of faith. 1. Soul faith that gets you born again ( everyone has this). 2. Spirit faith that comes from God after you are born again.

If Jesus is the author of our faith, then it would have to be everyone. If He started the ball rolling, then it was from no choice of ours. Do you think people choose on their own to follow Christ? Are you saying that Jesus picks and chooses who He wants to be saved? Sounds like Calvinism to me…

I have never heard anything like that before. Where does it say this? What you’re saying contradicts.

Caroleem
There are probably a lot of things you haven’t heard but that doesn’t make it any less true. You are misunderstanding what I said. Is has nothing to do with Calvinism. I’m saying there are two different kinds of faith human beings operate through. 1. Is faith that comes from the soul. Everyone has this kind of faith. 2. The faith that only comes from God that is placed in our spirits when we get born again. Jesus operated out of this faith and it has to be developed by the believer after conversion to operate out of this faith.

Aaron, Caroleem asked “where does it say this?” You didn’t answer this part of her question.

Sonia

I believe my previous post explains where it says this. Not in the paraphrasing words I used per se but the truth of it is there. Hebrews 11 and 12:1-2.

Thanks for clarifying that, Aaron, but I suspect most will find your construct unconvincing.

Sonia

Not my problem, Sonia. Most found Jesus’ teaching unconvincing, too. I have good company. :wink:

2 kinds of faith? Wow. This must be the super secret kjv only rendering. Soul faith and spirit faith. Thanks for the laugh. I guess I was wrong when I said you were probably a bot. You’re actually a comedian. This is all one big joke. :laughing: :smiling_imp:

No problem, redhot, but if you can’t reply respectfully I don’t see any point in any future convo’s with you.

Um if I have to go back and round up all the disrespectful posts you’ve written along with all the inconsistencies I will. I’m sorry to be sarcastic but its gotten to the point of absurdity. I dont know how else to respond. You patly dismiss people with the same slightly veiled condescending “good day god bless” whenever someone presents you with an argument that you either have no answer to or are obviously above answering. ( im on my phone or id quote the exact instances. I know youve given it to me and bob wilson off the top of my head). Then you claim we’re unbiblical in our assertions yet you spout off some the most nonsensical unbiblical fantasy then when people ask you to verify it you just repeat your same vague proof as in thus saith the lord.

Mods if im out of line Im sorry and revival Im trying not to be mean here but well see above. Im calling you Out here, thats all. Youve been on here for the past couple weeks making all kinds of demands telling people to stay on topic when it suits you but going off when it suits you. continually ignoring the vast majority of what people write and showing little to know courtesy while basically making it clear youre more spiritual than everyone else here.

I am sorry for being harsh and any disrespect Ive shown but Jesus had to speak harshly to the pharisees sometimes too. (not that I equate myself with him)

I don’t mind you calling me out but do it respectfully. So now you are comparing me to a pharisee. Obviously, You don’t know how to have a respectful convo , redhot. The mods would ban me If I displayed your conduct. I have 343 posts and have responded to every off topic question that has come my way.

I wasn’t calling you a pharisee. I was using an example of how Jesus confronted people.

You are comparing me to a pharisee, redhot. jeez. Can you just comment without disrespectful attacks?

Well, this conversation got interesting fast. :wink: