The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

“Set peace of mind as your highest goal and organize your life around it.”-- Brian Tracy

1 Like

“God has mercy on us. He says ‘yes’ to us, he wills to be on our side, to be our God against all odds. Indeed against all odds, because we do not deserve this mercy, because, as we rightly suppose, he should say ‘no’ to us all. But he does not say ‘no’; he says ‘yes’. He is not against us; he is for us. This is God’s mercy.” -Karl Barth-

“Never water yourself down just because someone can’t handle you at 100 proof.”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

“Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God.” -Karl Barth-

“Religion is the possibility of the removal of every ground of confidence except confidence in God alone.” -Karl Barth-

You have been practicing restlessness and fuelling negative emotions since you were a child. Now you are like a boat without radar. You do not know your destination; hence you are toyed with
by your destiny. At times you feel what am I doing and why at all am I doing what I am doing? Who will give you answer? The true answer is never in words. It is in wordless silence. But silence is unnatural to you! It makes you feel lonely and unwanted. The irony is, you do not know what you ‘want’. But what you are seeking in life is ‘peace’ which is the silent state of your most eloquent Spirit.
Don’t waste life in vain search for peace. It is not out there. Seek and thou shall find!
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It’s a grain. It’s like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem.”-- James Patterson

1 Like

“But if God is so good as you represent Him, and if He knows all that we need, and better far than we do ourselves, why should it be necessary to ask Him for anything?” I answer, “What if He knows prayer to be the thing we need first and most? What if the main object in God’s idea of prayer be the supplying of our great, our endless need - the need of Himself?” -George MacDonald]

“You are not too small. No one is ever too small to offer help.”-- Emlyn Chand

1 Like

“I hope your only rocky road is chocolate.”-- Amanda Mosher

1 Like

". And so people hear what they think is the gospel, and instead of hearing ‘God so loved the world that he gave his only son’ they hear ‘God so hated the world that he killed his only son’. "
"It belongs in its clearest formulaic expression in Romans 8.1-4, where Paul declares that there is ‘no condemnation for those in the Messiah’, because on the cross ‘God condemned Sin in the flesh’. He doesn’t say that God punished Jesus; he says God punished Sin – Sin with a capital S, as we might say – in the representative flesh of the Messiah.

From a great essay by Tom Wright, read it online: http://ntwrightpage.com/2016/10/21/saving-the-world-revealing-the-glory-atonement-then-and-now/

2 Likes

God’s grace is boundless. Those who love God, they are taken through tests only to take the mind to the ground of true surrender! Surrender is a supple state of ego which has understood the fallacy of conditional mercantile love for God. The seeker seeks nothing but happiness in flowing with the God’s Will. Like water a true devotee or seeker moves through life’s challenges and reaches God realisation.
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

To speak, as many Christians have done, of the body dying, and the soul going marching on, is not only a travesty of what Paul says. It has encouraged many to suppose that the victory over death is the escape of the soul from the dead body. That is a dangerous lie. It is resurrection that is the defeat of death. To think of the body dying and of something, the soul or whatever, continuing onwards isn’t a victory over death. It is simply a description, however inadequate, of death itself. Let us not collude with the enemy. NTW

“Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

"We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again. But the Lord does not take away life. instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored. -Prophet Samuel-

“Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.”-- Todd Stocker

1 Like

“Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward. after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s a cha-cha.”-- Robert Brault

2 Likes

“Jesus does not give recipes that show the way to God as other teachers of religion do. He is himself the way.” - Karl Barth-

“No one can be saved - in virtue of what he can do. Everyone can be saved - in virtue of what God can do.” Karl Barth

“Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.” - J.B. Phillips, The New Testament in Modern English

“I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic, your playlist makes you dance, strangers make you smile, and the night sky touches your soul. I hope there are days when you fall in love with being alive.”-- Brooke Hampton

“In order to see the light of the stars we need the darkness.” -Author Unknown-

“The very moment we’re without weakness is the moment it all turns into formula.” -Linda Bunting-

“Dear God, Our spirits are yours to keep.” -Sydney Bunting, Age 8, (a bedtime prayer.)

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”-- Marcel Proust

1 Like