The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Random Acts Of Kindness

“Kindness is realizing we are all into this together.” R. A. Ktiwist-

“Don’t judge a day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you have planted.” -Robt. Louis Stephenson

Kindness is free, let’s pass it on.

To remember I exist in this very moment by the grace of countless acts of kindness, tells me one thing.

To remember how my mother helped me up into her lap so I could watch her write a letter and ask what those squiggles were that she was making with her pen, tells me one thing.

To remember my father handing me the paintbrush he was using and saying, “You try,” tells me one thing.

To remember the neighbor woman rushing out of her house to hold a towel to my bleeding head after I fell from my bike, tells me one thing.

“To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue, these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestnesss, and kindness.” -Confucious

“I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” -Tennessee Williams

“When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” -Harold Koshner-

“Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them for a lifetime.” -Dale Carnegie-

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” -Mother Teresa-

“This Christmas mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love, and then speak it again.” - Howard W. Hunter

"So, let us reflect what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that. The purpose of our life needs to be positive. We weren’t born with the purpose of causing trouble, harming others. For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities—warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful—happier.”

Dalai Lama on the key to a meaningful and happy life

Top 10 Highly Popular Strategies for Boosting Happiness

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/what-matters-most/201511/top-10-highly-popular-strategies-boosting-happiness

Each day we can act kindly and be the change we want to see in the world. Here are some ideas for kind actions in all areas of life.

By myself: small things =

Smile and say hello to passers by on your walk.

When talking on the phone, smile. The smile will come through in your voice.

Pay someone a compliment (it’s kind to be sensitive and politically correct!).

Open a door for someone.

Offer to help someone with their bags.

Call your friend or a special family member: Tell them you were thinking of them and love them.

Choose to forgive someone you were angry or disappointed with.

Drop coins in a parking meter that is about to expire. Why not even leave behind a Kindness Card?

Recognise an act of kindness with giving an activated Kindness Card.

Give away an unactivated Kindness Card and inspire others to acknowledge Kindness acts.

Tweet or Post Kindness messages to your followers and friends.

Share your lunch with someone who does not have any.

Buy lunch for a homeless person.

Keep someone company who may be on their own.

Ask someone new to join your conversation, your activity or your play.

If the person behind you in the shopping queue only has a few items, consider asking them if they would like to go ahead of you.

“Living kindness is not some hypothetical idea. It is the artful, daily expression of kindness, compassion and deep respect for all beings regardless of differences in faith, belief, culture, gender, social status and ethnicity. This is kindness with the power of mindful action behind it. Rather than being reduced to a “random acts of kindness” bumper sticker, this kindness is uniquely boundless, purposeful and empowering. It is also more open and forgiving than the self-sacrificing kindness that I learned about in Sunday school. Living kindness is a vehicle by which our love, equanimity and other vital values make contact with the real world. This is kindness where it counts.” -Donald Altman-

"We never think lightly of those who walk with us on our uphill days.” - Richelle E. Goodrich

“Grace is the permanent climate of divine kindness; the perennial infusion of springtime into the winter of bleakness.” - John Donohue-