The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Sheep / Goats = Great White Throne Judgment?

SHEEP AND THE GOATS JUDGMENT.

It would seem that the vast majority
believe the sheep and goats judgment has
either already occurred or takes place
immediately at Christ’s return which is still a future appointment. Whilst I am more inclined to go with the second view, I am probably in the minority believing that
Matt 25 will take place after the final sifting :Rev 20 7:10 and at the second resurrection [ie] The Great White Throne Judgment: Rev 20: 11-15.

My reasoning is that Matt 25 is excepted by many to be a continuation of Matt 24. And in my understanding I feel that the immediate judgment, between Christ’s coming back and the sheep and Goats is often if not always missed as follows :—-

The Parable of the Fig Tree*= Mark 13:28-31**

Matt 24:32-35.
32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Although much debated, I personally except the parable of the fig tree is in reference to a future generation of Messianic Jews Who come alive to the Gospel message of the coming kingdom, and the accepting of Christ as their Messiah.

Matt 23:39
for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ” :—— I believe the day will come when true Christian Gentiles or jews [ie] spiritual Israel will move Earthly Israel to jealousy leading to repentance. Romans 11:11. This generation will see Christ return.

No One Knows the Day or Hour

Matt 24:36 -44.
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39** and did not know until the flooding came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

The above is what I believe to be the world wide judgment immediately at Christ’s
return,
were the living righteous and faithful dead are both caught up with Christ at his Return, and the many in the valley of decision will be saved, and enter into the millennium reign before the final sifting. The faithful at the first resurrection and catching away, will rule with Christ when he returns, those outside of this at Christ’s return will be destroyed until the second resurrection. Christ compares this judgment to the world wide flood in Noah’s day. Such unready ones will be taken away/destroyed on a world wide scale. Some around the world will see the sun darkened, others will see the moon not give it’s light and others will see the stars fail, some will be in bed others in the field and yet others grinding at the mill, Some being given and taken in marriage and some eating and drinking. The world will be about it’s business before sudden judgment comes.

2 peter 3:6-7
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8
7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

From this point I believe Christ will rule the nations with a rod of iron until the final sift.

Rev 19:11 + 14-15
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. *15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations, *And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron :—— on this day of arrival many will be cut into pieces [ie] killed - unconscious death such ones will be appointed / assigned a place with the hypocrites: in that place there [will/ future] be a weeping and gnashing of teeth:—-

Matt 24:51
“And will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” :——- the unfaithful will be immediately judged / destroyed at Christ’s return, and find their lot with unbelievers at second resurrection.

This I’m seeing will occur at the second resurrection, were the sheep and the goats will be finally separated at the Great W/T/J. Those in the book of life enter the kingdom /N/J Matt 25:34 and into age abiding life vr 46 (a) Those not found in the book of life into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels Matt 25:41 [ie] into age abiding correction with the devil and his angels.vr 46 (b) + Rev 20:10 + 15.