The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Shin Lim and Sorcery

After David Blain there is Shin Lim. Is this modern sorcery? The guy is amazing. Is this the type of magic of Jannes & Jambres?

Very good magician. Love David Blain. No sorcery here. Art in it’s purest and to be honest, most incredible form.

how are you sure this is not sorcery because it seems so.

this one:

Can a professional magician preform a trick…that another professional magician can’t duplicate? Even if they put, their own spin on it? That’s what I would be looking for.

It’s the same as when Sathya Sai Baba in India, was still living. And I went to see him. And he materialized objects, out of thin air. Well, professional state magicians can duplicate these tricks. But we still don’t know, if he was a professional magician or used supernatural means.

That doesn’t necessarily prove, that demons are the cause. Just as seeing a REAL zombie in Haiti…doesn’t mean that a Voodoo clergy member, created them by supernatural means.

without doubt there is demonic activity behind Sai Baba.

Well, I have really listened to David Blain in interviews, and see a performer, a performer extraordinaire, but not a sorcerer, I enjoyed your vid that you posted, but have to say that all look like tricks. I do agree that many do and will try to allude to the so called secret arts, and will casually reference the secret societies, but they all are at the end of the day VERY GOOD MAGICIANS.

MM, I agree.

Bombarie, In response to the second video that you posted: “Real Demons Caught Assisting World’s Top Magicians”, I’d say it is a bunch of hogwash. To me, sorcery is just that; using magic to deceive people into thinking you some kind of God. Or, as the video suggests, that you have some type of supernatural mystical powers that break the laws of the universe, so that you fear them.

I used to have experiences similar to those described by Invernessian and his wife, on another thread. Part of my Christian testimony is that as an unbeliever, I dabbled in the occult at the university, after meeting educated, intelligent people who insisted to me their experiences were genuine, and who invited my participation.

In fact, the time eventually came in my life where the demonic was very real to me. And I began to reason to myself, “Since I now know that the devil is real, then probably God is real, too.”

I now believe demons are fallen angels, malignant and intelligent. But with or without personal testimonies, we have the testimony of the Scriptures—if they are to be believed at face value on this question. For example,

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. Lk. 4:5.

Furthermore, I would agree with Bombarie and Holy-Fool-P-Zombie that not all magic today is trickery: some is demonic. But again, we also have the testimony of the Scriptures:

But the Egyptian magicians did the same things by their secret arts, and Pharaoh’s heart became hard; he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said. Ex. 7:22.

Hermano, I don’t believe in demons. As Jesus Himself said in Matt. 15:19
“For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance and foolishness.”

Colossians 2:18 says this: “Let know one defraud you of your reward taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.”

And in Hebrews 13:9 we are told “Do not be carried away by strange teachings.”

Pointing to Luke 4:5 doesn’t prove anything.

2 Likes