The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Biblical Basis For Purgatory And An Infinitely Heinous Punishment

Well let’s see then… what word would you like to ascribe to Jesus as him supposedly teaching yourpurgatory’? :thinking:

I already gave some scriptures. There’s many others. A parable is a story but it teaches truth.

I repeat… what word?

How could anyone miss that? :slight_smile:

When someone asks for Scripture, that’s an astute move!

Yep, that’s really my response. I doubted you’d cite the Scriptures I requested, or answer the critiques of your logic. And I think you were wise to refuse to repeat Scripture, or to engage those who argued that your hermeneutic is far-fetched. It’s a smart move.

Well, it’s there for you to see Bob. Is this really your response to the evidence I provided?

Davo,

I’m sticking with the scripture:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly , lest you also be like him.

Great… which ONE, just the ONE, which ONE contains this magical WORD that by it Jesus supposedly uses as code for purgatory — I’m waiting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I gave the scriptures.

Silence… WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN’T!! :lying_face:

:lying_face:

He spoke of purgatory in the parable. He didn’t use the word purgatory.

In the Lk 16 story Jesus spoke of Hadēs <ᾅδης>… NOT someone else’s dreamt up purgatory that you’ve borrowed.

Well, I gave the evidence and the interpretation of early interpreters of the parable.

Mt 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Purgatory shall not prevail against it.

how did EVERYONE miss Jesus here; your theory is a sorry joke! :unamused:

I see your point Davo. I must abandon purgatory.

Heaven and hell it is.

I still believe that only those alive at the time of Jesus could have blasphemed the Spirit.

What do you fellers think about Paradise, as in ‘you shall be with me in…’ ?

I think that though Jesus’ parable doesn’t call it that, paradise clearly means going above the earth into “Abraham’s bosom” :slight_smile: Seriously, I have little sure idea what the Gospel writer assumed that this term meant.

Good one Bob! :grin: