The Evangelical Universalist Forum

"You must do nothing to come to Jesus" vs "This is what you must do now"

Well, thanks for this frank answer… that speaks volumes.

It is fascinating that this thread operates more as a chat room. :slight_smile: that is not a bad thing, just observing.

1 Like

To me, simple logic dictates that these two statements do not go together. If their inheritance was the Lord God Himself (The Spirit) then they would have been given an inheritance of the land as well since all that is God’s is yours.
Genesis 1:28 “And god blessed them, and God said to them, and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it. and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

“The meek shall inherit the earth.”

So logically,
If obedience to God is a requirement for an inheritance of the “land flowing with milk and honey”, and the Levites received no inheritance in the land then they were not obeying God.

Maybe I’m missing something here.

You think… :question:

These short informative articles and videos…would fit in well here:

And in the Orthodox / Evanglical video, they talked about holiness - residing in things and places. Perhaps people also, as this video might show us?

Well, so far I’m an RCIA (RC church) attendee and an EO prospect. But the EO fasting part, means I eat a lot - of bean based dishes (mainly Indian). Which can have, an “unpleasant” side effect!

That is the long way around to aunt sally’s door so to speak. :roll_eyes:

This makes no sense. From what I understand, the life of the people depends on the Spirit among all who share their talents with each other and in return receive the benefits that all have to offer.
This is exemplified in the building of the tabernacle in which all came with a willing heart and gave. Exodus 35.
If the life of the people depended on the offerings of the Levitical priests alone, I daresay the people of Israel would have been in dire straights.!

roll_eyes%5B1%5D|72x72

If you have the Spirit, you inherit ALL things. If you don’t, then there is no inheritance. It’s all or nothing. The Levites were banned from inheriting the land, but somehow they inherited the priesthood?

So how are you living your life (2019) proclaiming the truths you proclaim and what does it mean to us?

Of course… and you don’t.
As but one example you might want to google the biblical relevance of ‘the firstfruits’.

And you needn’t worry about Ex 35… how do you even know Moses said these words? That’s what’s so convenient about your doctrinal approach… you can cut or claim any given authority based solely upon IF they meet and match your weathervane position.

The first fruits of God are those that have His Spirit and bear the fruits thereof.

The Levitical law did not bear the fruit of the Spirit. If it did, it wouldn’t have been cut down and thrown in the fire.

As someone who has come late to this discussion, I am a bit lost. It is hard to understand how it got from your original posts to where it is now.

Lol… stay here long enough and you’ll soon work out that thread titles doesn’t stretch too far before people are into whatever people are into :wink:

And welcome! :slight_smile:

As someone who agrees… I said…

But no one wants to deal with this, they would rather deal with the ‘WHAT THE FREAKIN BIBLE REALLY SAYS’ In their unadulterated opinions.

The OP is an interesting one if folks would stay the coarse…

That’s a good question Chad. The more evangelical approach is to ask… IF you were to die tonight do you know where you would be? Perhaps a more relevant or pertinent question might be… IF you live for another 30+ years what difference will you make in your world?

Well thanks David, but my question was about LLC’s comment, you can go back above and look… She has no intention of the evangelical mindset as far as I can see, but my question is how she sees the understanding of some of her conclusions as it relates to the current daily lives we live today. Kind of simple, if she will respond.:wink:

MM, I don’t believe in the Levitical law, nor do I believe that is was the faith of our fathers Abraham, Isaac Jacob, Moses etc. It is the faith of the Levitical priests and their fathers. I think the writers of the Bible are warning us of all the false prophets and teachings that are out there, and they advise us to test every spirit, even the very words that are written so that we are not led astray in the destructive ways of the world.

As for me, I follow the Spirit of God and do my best at loving others as myself as I believe this is what we are commanded to do. It makes a real difference in peoples’ lives even long after we’re dead.:grinning:

We need a song, to emphasize this point:

Yes we do, and we can always count on you to find the perfect song to top it all off.:grinning:

To me, it’s only common sense. If you want to live in a productive society and lead a productive life, you need to obey the Spirit of God. Otherwise, your life and land will become nothing but thorns and thistles.

Everyone who believes in Jesus’ words has cut the Levitical law out of their lives and claimed another authority.

Or maybe, you reach the top of the mountain (AKA Land of Milk and Honey)…and can listen to, “melodious” Tibetan chants…and realize, you can’t go back down - on your own. So you’re stuck!

So is that “milk and honey” or “thorns and thistles”? It all depends on your perspective! :slight_smile:

You, me and everyone else have NEVER been under OT law… such was only pertinent to OC Israel and any proselyte of the day…

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Now you may in cavalier dismissal of the hand retort accordingly… “how do we know if the writer of Hebrews even said these words?” — to which I simply point out the same then likewise applies to your comment above about “Jesus’ words” — of which you also say the self-same thing.

You do what all religionists do… propose a problem in need of fixing and then propose the answer to said “problem”… but in the end it does nothing but reflect your own self-righteous THEM / US attitude.

What process did you go through in cutting the Levitical law out of your life :question: :lying_face: