The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Challenge

Ok, the end happens after the resurrection and final judgment in Rev 20:11-15 where you see people who were not all Christ’s at his coming and not being found in the book of life being thrown to the lake of fire. You know where i’m going with this: show where these people are exiting the lake of fire being recorded in the book of life and allowed to enter the NJ.

Not true, Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

You were not a sinner because of your first sin you ever committed…you were a sinner due to the fact you inherited a sin nature or spiritual death from Adam.

I should have written that a little better. It says that death spread to all men because all sinned. Death did not spread to me until I also sinned, partaking of the sin and death of Adam.

Life comes to all men through Christ, but not until they partake of the righteousness and life of Christ.

Sonia

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

No, death spread to you because of one man’s sin(adam’s)…not your sin. In other words, God already considers you a sinner due to the fact you have a sinners nature not because you have sinned.

I guess we’ll have to disagree on that for now, Aaron.

Sonia

:wink: Going to bed, I’m tired. God bless.

Good night! :sunglasses:

:slight_smile:

And you know where I’m going with this too… :wink:

If an Israelite (sinner) got into so much debt that he had to sell his land to another (Satan) and go into servitude (bondage to sin), his kinsman redeemer (Jesus) had the right of redemption (redeemer). If the brother in bondage accepted his offer of redemption he was no longer in servitude to his old master (no longer a slave to sin) but in servitude to his kinsman (now a slave to righteousness). If he rejected his kinsman’s offer he remained in servitude to his original master (a slave to sin) until the year of Jubilee when all captives were released and returned to their inheritance (communion with God).

In what way, Revival, would you argue that this has no bearing on people getting out of the lake of fire? Do you not believe that the Jubilee is prophetic of anything at all?

Fantastic post, Jeff! :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Hi Jeff

1. Jesus has fulfilled the law.
  2. The OT jubilee is a type and shadow of Jesus’ completed work at the cross.
  3. God made his judgment in Rev 20:11-15. Roll call was made. God doesn’t go back on his judgments and change his verdict based on OT laws that have been fulfilled.
  4. For something (as anyone exiting the lake of fire after final judgment and added to the book of life) to be taught as truth it must be found recorded in the word of God.

Glad you liked it. :wink:

Ok, can you explain what you mean by “type” or figure".

But even the people who did not avail themselves of the redeemer were released at the Jubilee after paying every last farthing of their debt. :wink:

But what does the word of God say one must do to receive salvation through Jesus? What does the word of God say one must do to be presented holy, unblameable, and unreproveable unto God?

all the nations judged in the OT were promised an eventual restoration.
if that’s the fruit of the Old Covenant, than how can the New Covenant, which is plainly meant to be better, actually BE better?

“oh first I’ll just promise to resurrect and restore everyone I’ve judged…and have them come to Me with joy…
and then I’ll turn around and provide a different deal…one where they have to ascribe, with little to no evidence except what I arbitrarily put in their path, and if they don’t, I will make them immortal and burn them forever. All this because they didn’t tick the right box on the ol’ What Do You Believe form.
because i’m an arbitrary, cosmic beaurocrat…oh and i have random switches of personality too, between loving and damning.
this sounds like FUN.
oh yes, and I’ll make it so that self-righteous people who pick and choose Scriptures at will to support their own loathsome opinions are in the right, and they’ll get to gloat over those liberal types who actually try to apply Scripture in their lives while they scream and writhe in endless fire forever.”
-the ECT god.

i think, going by the Bible which tells me God is the Father of those that love their enemies, i choose this one:
"31 For the LORD will not cast off for ever:

32But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

33For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men."
Lamentations 3:31-33

“For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”
Psalms 30:5

i’d add more, but i’m at work… and also, this is like talking to a brick wall.
get a life, Revival…if you don’t agree with us and are not open to real discussion…why are you even here?

But what does the word of God say one must do to receive salvation through Jesus? What does the word of God say one must do to be presented holy, unblameable, and unreproveable unto God?

If you don’t like my answers or challenges to UR… do not leave comments. My feelings will not be hurt. Btw, I have been having real discussions with multiple people. God bless.

Hi Sonia
Another interesting point is the Greek word which has been translated ‘end’ in many translations. Study of the word shows that it is often used to mean ‘the end’ in a list or procession. ie the remainder. Paul was making such a list and I believe that it would be a correct understanding that he was saying ‘then at the tail-end we get all the rest of humanity’.
Of course, by necessity, Aaron will have to reject this possibility but his refusal to accept ‘as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive’ and his attempt to destroy the Greek by suggesting that it says ‘all in Christ shall be…’ is intellectually bereft. I have it on good authority that the Greek does not allow for this interpretation.
God bless

Hi pilgrim

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. Keep reading the next verse. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward** they that are Christ’s **at his coming. Then the cometh the end.

This is describing the resurrection. 1. Jesus was the first to be resurrected.(firstfruits) 2. They that are Christ’s at his coming. Notice it doesnt say** ALL** are Christ’s at his coming.

The resurrection is being described in 1Cor 15:20-23. People are being resurrected in the order described in 1 Cor 15:23 to face judgment in Rev 20:11-15…1 Cor 15:22 states that all in Adam die and all in Christ are made alive. verse 23 states not All are Christ’s and then comes the end. End of what? Grace, this age and into eternity in Rev 21:4. 1Cor 15:24-28 is describing the NJ and NE in REV 21.

John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which ALL that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord.

And every knee shall bend and every tongue freely confess that Christ is Lord to the glory of God.

Excellent thoughts, Jeff.

The slave (after being set free) will not be so quick to get into debt a second time. He will have learned a bitter lesson, but a good one. Reminds me of that scroll in Rev except this one tastes sour in the mouth but sweet to the stomach.